Mini satchel bag with one main compartment, one back pocket and two front pockets. Shoudler belt in combination bridle / alcantra suede. Made of 2 - 2.4mm Sedgwick english bridle shoulder for the main parts and for curved parts (gusset, flap corners) colored trough (bridle top finish) 2mm belly. Gussets on front pockets made of 1mm goat skin. Hand stitched with 0.8mm braided polyester thread (aka Tiger thread)

post-42701-0-65382500-1403681376_thumb.jpost-42701-0-22381400-1403681400_thumb.jpost-42701-0-09158700-1403681417_thumb.jpost-42701-0-14041200-1403681439_thumb.jpost-42701-0-26971100-1403681458_thumb.jpost-42701-0-82687800-1403681487_thumb.j

Lovely work! If you don't mind me asking, are the edges burnished and dyed or have you used any edge coating of any kind? Also the Sedgwick Bridle, does it come already polished or does it have the white wax on the surface from the start? Cheers.

Really really nice work!

Lovely work! If you don't mind me asking, are the edges burnished and dyed or have you used any edge coating of any kind? Also the Sedgwick Bridle, does it come already polished or does it have the white wax on the surface from the start? Cheers.

Edges are both burnished and applied edge coat afterwards. Burnished with saddlers soap, sanded lightly, and two coat of Fenice (Tandy) edge ink (section lacquer) with heat polishing between coats. Sedgwick bridle, it's an art of the leather, beautiful to work with (still didn't found how to bend it without damaging top coat). It comes with white stuff both on top and bottom - works like tallow not wax. When you remove it (with a help of elbow grease :)) beautiful bridle finish pops up! Find difficult to cut precisely it with tallow on a top, but was afraid to place ruler on unprotected leather. Pretty stiff, had to sharpen knife couple of times before I was finished cutting. With other words, gives a lot - requires a lot :)

Really really nice work!

Thank you Joe, personally I'm not satisfied with all details, but customer was overjoyed :) Not bad for beginner :)

Hey, thanks for answers and sharing! Just a follow up question regarding the edge ink, I've been using tandy's edge ink as well - mostly on chrome leather - how come that you heat polish it? documentation says to just let it air dry. What I'm wondering is what's the benefit? Sorry for all the questions! And to regards your modesty I have to point out that many sellers don't even come close to your quality of work.

Thank you Conrad :) Well, what I'm referring to is professional edge ink (it seems Tandy sell no longer - only edge dressing now) which comes from Fenice, Italy. Yes, Tandy says let it dry, but on Fenice web-side states the heat can be applied for increased adherence. The main reason I'm applying the heat after first pass is to smooth fibers (what's left after un-smooth after burnishing and sanding) and making it ready for flawless polishing after pass 2. The effect of this procedure is finished cut edge binding a'la Hermés :) There's nothing wrong with traditional burnishing/dying/waxing the edges, but what I do gives me more durable edge with not so much more effort than traditional approach. On bags like one on pictures it is essential having as durable edges as possible. After all I'm giving lifetime guaranty :)

You did an awesome job on this bag. I looks extremely professional. I wish I could do nearly as well!

You did an awesome job on this bag. I looks extremely professional. I wish I could do nearly as well!

Thanks Monica, I checked your work on Etsy as well, beautiful :)

Video showing how I did edges before (I simplified the process recently)

. Unless you want to se a whole video, jump 27:13 to see the process.

Nice bag, what are those brass corner pieces called, and where can I get some?

Nice bag, what are those brass corner pieces called, and where can I get some?

Thanks :) I found those at local (Norwegian) leather-goods store. Maybe http://www.buckleguy.com/ can source some, at least they have a lot of hardware for bags an purses.

Absolutely beautiful work. I am also self taught and want to do work as beautiful as that. Where did you learn your leatherwork?

Absolutely beautiful work. I am also self taught and want to do work as beautiful as that. Where did you learn your leatherwork?

Thank you Cynthia. I'm still learning :) and my teachers are YouTube, "The Leatherworking Handbook" from Valerie Michael and goddam lot of trial and error. Occasional visit to Hermés and Luis Vuitton shops helps keeping motivation high :) Wish I have someone, if not for tutoring, at least to ask from time to time for help (like "what I'm doing wrong with my saddle stitch).

Great job! Classy, stout design, and the color is just right. Keep posting your work!

Ah. Hermes and Louis Vuitton. Two houses that have absolutely beautiful craftsmanship. Sadly, I don't any shops nearby where I can browse and look at finished construction. The LV Speedy bag and the bucket bag are two I would love to learn to do. And Hermes' kelly bag style.

Top notch! I really like the cut of the. Do you have any idea of where to order the edge ink?

Thanks for sharing!