The rig, not me :).

WillisCross006_zpsf48bbcee.jpg

WillisCross004_zps6ac5f509.jpg

What can I say, well simple, beautiful, and very top craftsmanship. -- Tex

Thank you.

PURdy :)

Did you dye those edges at all, or just burnished? Either way, this is a good-lookin piece o' cow!

My normal approach to the edges is sand and burnish with water and the drill press. I use edge dye next. The alcohol in the dye will harden the edge and the next burnishing makes a mirror. This some of the soft stuff and was difficult to get the mirror. However, they are shiny and rather smooth.

Thanks everyone.

Dying the edges a contrasting color is a lot of work but boy does it make a holster pop! Nice work. I've started dying my edges black on my brown holsters and really like the look.

I already already complimented it on another forum.

Beautiful rig but i guess this means you can't pick me up some BBQ brisket and Shiner Bock. Oh well. (lol)

Other than the screws at the buckle and near the other end, how is the smaller belt attached to the wider? I was curious if the small one moved around much while wearing.

I like it very much.

I sew the small outer strip to the main piece and then sew the liner on. The two screws at each end hold the belt holder and provide end stability.

I guess the word I would use is Slick!!!! Clean, functional, well made. I am sure the owner will be happy to get and use it.

Bob

Red Cent, All I can say is wow! It is a beautiful rig and I love the natural looking color. Can you share what weight, leather and finish you used?

8-9 outer and 5-6 liner all veg tanned double shoulder. Leather was from RJF. I put neutral shoe polish on first and lightly buffed with cotton rag. NF and a few hours in the sun. Applied a finish coat of Leather Sheen and lightly buffed.

8-9 outer and 5-6 liner all veg tanned double shoulder. Leather was from RJF. I put neutral shoe polish on first and lightly buffed with cotton rag. NF and a few hours in the sun. Applied a finish coat of Leather Sheen and lightly buffed.

Thanks red Cent. So are you saying the leather from RJF is acceptable?

The leather from RJF is beautiful and supple. It does great for holsters and belts. But I have trouble getting the edge I got from Zack White Leather. ZW's was dryer and stiffer. Maybe of a lesser quality. I wouldn't know. I don't tool or stamp and I don't know if it would work. Kinda ignorant on what is, or should be considered, premium leather. I am starting to conclude if the hide is devoid of marks of any kind, that is premium.

I asked about Hide House in another post here. They advertise Economy double shoulders and put you on notice that the hide may contain range scars or, maybe, a brand.

Live and learn. And read, read, re.................