Mitchell

Singer 132 K6 Question

I'm thinking about purchasing this machine but it's too far for me to view and try out myself so I am looking to find out how much material can fit under the foot of one of these machines? This machine will be used to sew heavy duty k9 harnesses and collars about 8 - 10mm thick. Will this be possible?

Or should I look at another machine completely? (UK based)

Thanks for any help :)

I think you are on the correct path, Singer 132K6 is a capable machine, much heavier capacity than a standard canvas and upholstery machine. I think it would be great for that kind of application, and the foot lifts more than the 10mm you need.

Mine has 5/8" lift and will sew a true 1/2"[12.5 mm] easily. It can use at least 346 thread and has a monster bobbin. Speed is fairly slow with a 1730rpm motor. Note; I've seen ads from U.K. for new 132 machines, don't know if their still being made or were new old stock, but from what I remember they were reasonable. Gump.

The new machines are Chinese and while great heavy upholstery machines are not something I would recommend for sewing 10mm thick material.