GPG

Is The Cowboy 3200 Easily Portable?

I spend 7 months in northern Wi the other 5 months in Az. I go back and forth in a small suv.

Is the 3200 easily setup and taken down? how much does it weigh? Thanks for any insight.

George

I wouldn't call it easily portable. It came shipped to me on a pallet. You could take it off the table, and take the legs off the table, but it would still take up quite a bit of room. It took me about 2 hours to get it set up with two of us working on it.

Chief

George,

I agree with Chief, probably not easily portable for most people. As with all full size leather machines it weighs in at over 200 lbs assembled. But for me I consider it "semi portable" and here's why. My employment (and not leather crafting, don't laugh....) currently requires full time travel. A new project/town every three to four months. My wife and two small dogs also travel with me so we naturally carry a lot of personal things with us. Since I wasn't about to leave all my leather tools at home only to use them if I get a vacation (is there such a thing?) my solution was to invest in a small 5'x8' enclosed trailer. The machine and my toolbox with my leather hand tools fits nicely in the front and I still have room for the few things I need for "work". Like all jobs mine can be very stressful so it's nice to have my leather stuff to work with on the weekends and evenings. I didn't care for the plastic casters that came on the base so I replaced them with some larger rubber ones and it rolls much easier now. The head alone weighs 100 lbs so I wouldn't dream of disassembling it when I move unless absolutely necessary. I'll roll it on the trailer and go. After many months of frustration with a "portable" Tippman Boss I sold it, bought a CB3200 and never looked back. :yeah:

Just my two bit's.....JW

It is much easier to load & handle if you take the head off of the stand,undo the foot lift chain & 4-bolts off the head & it's off,you can slide the table in & put the head behind it & put some blankets or other packing around it.

Have seen this in some leather magazines and tested at Sheridan. Might be more portable, but I don't know how it compairs to the machine in question:

http://www.artisansew.com/pdf/TORO3200BT_Brochure06_2014.pdf

Bob Stelmack