I'm always tooling something. This time, just wanted to show 'junior' how these things go together - get the kid in on it. Couple little things I think I'll alter in the pattern. Still, it's a usable rig :)

Beautiful Job Jeff, Cheryl

Good looking holster

I like simple, and that's a lot more work than simple :) Nice work!

Thanks, folks. Just my OCD catchin' upta me again. Just for folks who didn't already know, the Colts are just BARELY larger than the Smith L-frames (not sure why, but sometimes folks act like that's some kind of dramatic trade secret). So, I don't have a Trooper, but make the holster to fit the python, and the 686 will fit so close nobody will care.

The re-designed Glock 17 avenger style holster. Weekend project?

Edited by JLSleather

JLS, whats the password?

JLS, whats the password?

Yikes! Sorry... :whistle: Password is glock17 (no caps, no punctuation). Since I didn't add that, I should maybe also clue in some other info .. right back :)

Dotted line is stitchin'.

When stitching, I start on the top right side of the stiffener, lower of the two rows (where it's not attached, that's the "start") Go 'round the slot, 'round the stiffener, then 'round the slot again (hence the double stitch) and end below and to the right of the slot.

Do not cut, mark, or even 'stew' on the two circles with the "6" between them. This is only so you can measure the pattern (if this distance is 6", then you printed the right size).

The other dimensions don't make no difference neither. Just so a fella can see at a glance how much cow he's fixinta need ...

Great looking holster and thanks for sharing the template. I have not made an Avenger holster yet, but will definitely try one especially now that you have shared such a detailed template. I don't have a Glock 17, but will probably adapt it for my P229. Thanks again for sharing your template.

One 'o these days I'll get around to the holster design for the 229. Bogged down in the 1911's at the moment, but maybe later we kin swap designs. :)

The re-designed Glock 17 avenger style holster. Weekend project?

attachicon.gifGk17Aveng.pdf

Wow nice pattern and great drawing. My patterns are somewhat taped together pieces of card stock and photocopies. I may try to make one of these as I've never made an avenger style.

Thanks so much!

I should have asked do you have a pic of one done?

Edited by MStarmer

Yeah, I got a bunch of card stock, bristol, masking tape, and I think some peanut butter -- all of which needs to go in the computer to clean up around here a bit. You know, all that stuff you don't use very often but don't really wanna throw out. Speaking of that, did I mention I'm married :rofl:

I got a better pic somewhere, but this might work fer now ... gonna end up lookin a bit like this one (only with better color, and might mention that this is the glock 19, nearly the same animal) ...

Workin' on gittin that rig in the first post in the machine, too ... after I git done hagglin with the concrete driveway guy, the hail storm insurance adjuster, and the hard-body girl at the gym ...

Edited by JLSleather

Nice work. And thank you for the pattern.

Welcome. And thanks. Not always nice work, though.. tonight I found a bottle of 'coffee' Angelus dye SO old it had chunks, most of which I managed to get on my fingers :head_hurts_kr:

Thanks for the pattern. Back to the original post: what would you change and why? It looks good and servicable to me and I'm curious.

Thanks,

Tip

It is 'serviceable' and solid. Holds a gun jus' fine and hangs pretty well. Alterations - which I still haven't got around to putting in - would include showing a bit more trigger area (as a rule, I like them exposed or not, this landed kinda in the middle) and dropping the whole rig just a bit on the belt (slightly lower riding). 'Preciate yer comments :)

The slightly revised version is available here. Still the same from this front view... Can be printed on home 8.5" x 11" paper, but on two sheets which can be easily aligned.

Edited by JLSleather

Just bought your Smith Wesson 586 686 Custom Leather Gun Holster Pattern and when I print it, it comes out in 3 sheets. But one of these sheets is for the same area as one of the other sheets. Do you not have a good sheet showing the 3rd pattern?

Third pattern? That's ONE pattern - in two formats. One prints on your standard 8.5" xx 11" paper, the other is provided in case some have access to larger sheets that will print on one (larger) sheet.

To be honest, though, the instructions are clear enough. Tell ya what, I'll just attach it here, and perhaps one of the people downloading can help you?

Strange. Since that CAME from etsy.