Michael Guest

Fantasy Larp Armour (Wip)

Here are a couple of close-ups of a "scaled" cuirass (chest/torso armour) I'm making for a LARP I play. I'm more eager to show these off than I am waiting for a decent charge on my camera to get some better shots, instead of cellphone pics I uploaded for Instagram. :P

What you're looking at is the upper back with the larger scales on the left/right side of the pic being the spine/middle of the piece. The tooling was done about two years ago on 10oz (I think) leather. The dye was only a couple of days ago. Still needs the top coat... and all the findings, metal plates, spikes, etc. It's slow going 'cause this is for me, so I'm losing money on it. :wacko:

post-53175-0-30752600-1405040594_thumb.j post-53175-0-34980400-1405040598_thumb.j

Nice! You'll have to show us the full piece when you've got it done!!

Looks great.

Just remember, you aren't losing money on this you are investing it.

You are perfecting your technique, which has value, and if you thinking of selling then you are making an advertizing piece, which is a legitimate business expense.

And if you don't plan to sell (I don't personally) then you are saving money, because it would cost a lot more to buy it.

Looks Great!! Definitely want to see the finished product.

Remember whenever you make something for yourself and wear/use it your being your own advertisement.