Here are some things I have done recently. The two card wallets are basically a copy of NIgel's YouTube video on how to make a wallet. I find the rounded edge one to have a much more finished look than the square one and it's a hell of a lot easier to burnish in a fluid motion. I used pigskin splits for lining.

The second is just a simple clutch. I made it to practice stitching. I realize the flap is uneven and the clasp is off centered, although I'm not sure how I did either. So I had to do some readjusting and added the leaf so it takes the eye away from the screw-ups.

More.

post-52450-0-31166600-1405176160_thumb.j

post-52450-0-39141200-1405176172_thumb.j

post-52450-0-70447900-1405176181_thumb.j

post-52450-0-52710000-1405176434_thumb.j

post-52450-0-36798900-1405176448_thumb.j

Those really really nice! One thing I would change is I would make the taller pockets on the card wallets t-shaped. This will reduce the overall thickness of the wallet. Just search for ducjecs bi-fold pattern instructional and you will see what I'm talking about.

Those really really nice! One thing I would change is I would make the taller pockets on the card wallets t-shaped. This will reduce the overall thickness of the wallet. Just search for ducjecs bi-fold pattern instructional and you will see what I'm talking about.

I hear you Joe, it doesn't help that with the square one I accidentally used a different weight of leather and just rolled with it. I didn't do t-shaped because I was following Nigel's video, and, frankly, my t-shaped cuts always end up crooked. I'm gonna have to find something really rigid I can cut perfectly into that shape.

The best way I have found for the t pockets is to cut the tabs 5/8ths of an inch down from the top and 3/8ths of an inch in from the sides. Make a pattern out of some cardstock and then trace it onto your pockets then cut it out.

These look great! Nigel has inspired me to get to work on these too. I like your work.

Joe that's a great idea. I'm gonna try that out.