cantman

Singer 17-10

Looking for this machine or close equivalent. Need the ability to sew up the arm and have vibrating needle and alternating pressers.

Thanks!

By vibrating needle do you mean zig-zag? The 17-10 is feed up the arm standard foot but could probably take a roller foot

The feed up the arm zig-zag is a 19-10

I have a 19-10 but I am in Australia. To get the machine going I am making my own bobbin cases.

Hi Darren!

The 19-10 would be perfect with the zig-zag capability! I need an up the arm machine that has the ability to sew a zig zag. Are shuttles still available for the 19-10?

Darren;

Cantman might be referring to the original Singer designation for its walking foot machines, which they referred to as "alternating pressers." In the specs I often see an alternating presser foot and vibrating foot listed in the parts.

Edited by Wizcrafts

At least one manufacturer in China lists the bobbin case but for the small quantity required they are never going to make them so I manufacture them myself. The hook/shuttle is not made anymore

This is a fixed foot machine and not a walking foot or vibrating presser.

Hi Darren!

The 19-10 would be perfect with the zig-zag capability! I need an up the arm machine that has the ability to sew a zig zag. Are shuttles still available for the 19-10?

CowboySew makes a transverse feed machine capable of sewing heavy stuff up and down the arm. Perhaps you can convince Cowboy Bob to import a couple (so I can get one!).

Methinks that Cowboy do not actually "make" that particular machine. If you order one I think that Cowboy US will add it to the shipment if you are lucky. Feed up the arm machines are low volume and probably only built when they have enough orders to justify it.

CowboySew makes a transverse feed machine capable of sewing heavy stuff up and down the arm. Perhaps you can convince Cowboy Bob to import a couple (so I can get one!).