I put about nine hours of work into this knife roll with the assistance of the customer. He is a big fan of rivits, personally I like stitching, but that would have added many more hours to the project.

My customer got to try his hand at some of the tooling and cutting, and did the majority of the riviting work. It was a fun project, and he is very happy with it.

WWbxXPu.jpg

XzYKISj.jpg

dkFHe7Z.jpg

Mu0CFLc.jpg

wATrZLJ.jpg

It looks really nice but I would much prefer to have the blade of the knife covered with the handle sticking out.

I guarantee I would swiss cheese myself trying to grab one of those knifes when I'm in a hurry.

All of the knives have plastic blade covers for transport.

All of the knives have plastic blade covers for transport.

Ah...that makes me feel better.

You explained the rivets vs. stitching question already, so I´ll skip that ;)
Even if there are plastic covers, I think while cooking it might be more comfortable just to grab the right knife, instead of grabbing the (covered) blade, switch it to get the handle into your hand, get rid of the cover and than (!) use it. As for that I don´t know how far the covers go. If they cover the tip, too it seems okay for transporting the roll. But if not, I think the tip might cut through the leather by accident, depending on how sharp the blades are.

In addition I would have taken the same or similar leather for the application and the handle. The leather you used is much stiffer so it kind of "stands up" if the roll is rolled up and don´t adopt the form of the roll. Plus the top surface is totally different (the roll itself is quite matte, but the applications are real shiny, much thicker and personally I think the colour doesn´t match that nice.This way they look a little bit out of the design.

Sry if this contains some criticism as you didn´t post it in the critique-section, but I´d like to point that out. I don´t know if - and if yes, what - you figured out by yourself, but that are points where I see a potential fo improvement. It´s still a nice roll and you did a nice job on it ;) So keep it up!

Sona I welcome critisism. The look is basically what the guy wanted. There are a lot of things I would have done differently like I said, but you have to give the customer what they want.

Haha, yeah I know about that... (sometimes sadly ^^)