alyssaflorence

Flat Purple Lace For Double Loops Edge Lacing?

I got a request for a rifle sling to have the edges laced with purple lace... Which I haven't been able to find anywhere! All i can find is square suede lace but that won't work for the double loop lacing. Does anyone know where I can find this!?

My first paying job years ago was to make some braided show tack for a gal. That was back when braided buttons on flat strap goods first became popular. She'd seen some stuff I'd made for myself just for fun and called me to see if I'd take the job. That was when I realized that maybe I could actually start charging for my work! Anyway she wanted turquoise and purple interweaves and she provided all the materials: strap goods, lace, dye. I'm pretty sure it was just Tandy's Cova dye and natural calf lace. It worked very well, and didn't flake or rub off during the braiding process.

Springfield Leather has several types and shades of purple lace available. The kangaroo lace looks especially nice, at least in their pictures as does their royal purple suede. I'd imagine that you could also dip dye natural or possibly white lace if you need to get the color just right.

http://springfieldleather.com/33953/Lace%2CKang%2CClass%2C3-32%2225y%2CPurpl/

Hope that helps

Bill