Andies Tack

Rattlesnake Hides...some Wanted To Know What I Would Make With Them.

Hi everyone. :) ....I posted some of my rattle snake hides that I was tanning, and a few people wanted to see what I would make with them. I finally got a chance to work on a breastcollar demo and got it finished.

I wanted to do something different than a normal "flat" colored stain. So I got creative with two different types of my stains, and came up with this. :)

It's completely made by hand, and hand stitched also. :)

10257332_1524843161063868_50368287446109

10609464_1524851524396365_54038024426372

I'll post the pictures of the headstall and wither strap when I get them made and finished. :)

Very nice work

How do you keep the scales on? There is a big discussion on this topic in the holster sub forum

How do you keep the scales on? There is a big discussion on this topic in the holster sub forum

Do you have a link to the forum? I'm still new to this forum and still finding my way around. :)

It's the way I tan the hides. I like my hides to have the natural scale look, and the hides are still flexible and soft when I'm done with them. I have a video of what the look like also after I'm finished with them. :)

Here's the video of what my hides look like when I finished tanning them. They are all nice soft when finished with the scales on. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdgJfwGvDnc&list=UUEmtKbhO3V4uN9LJjVYWiRg

Wow really nice , keep posting pictures I like them all . Do you sell any snake skins? Thanks Gary

Wow really nice , keep posting pictures I like them all . Do you sell any snake skins? Thanks Gary

No I don't sell just the skins....but they also don't stay long before they go into breastcollars, headstalls, Halters, etc. as inlays. lol They are selling fast

really cool. I like the stitching.

Do you use alcohol and glycerin to tan

How do you tan snake hides? I was wanting to learn how, because my husband kills western diamondback rattlesnakes sometimes when he is out fixing fence. He always skins them, but unfortunately we don't know what to do next, so the hides eventually go to ruin