dkuehn

Chess Set/table

Very very cool.

Chris

It looks incredible !!!

I've been meaning to build a chess table and was researching a chess set that would look good with it... your idea is so much better, doing the pieces in leather !!!

Thank you so much for sharing :)

Very well done. As both a leather worker and a chess player it looks great. I have one suggestion. Next time, dye the inside of the black pieces. It will remove the only defect I saw in the entire set. The contrast between the inside light color and the black drew my eyes to that point first. The slight dye overrun on the edges detracts from the greatness of the rest of the work. Just my 2 cents.

Michael

Nothing stopping me from doing that now, there is no finish on the insides. I'll do it sometime in the near future and make with some pics. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, thanks to everyone for their comments. I appreciate it.

Here is the updated pic with the insides of the black pieces dyed. Looks a lot better. Thanks, mlapaglia, for the suggestion.

2cht1v.jpg

Good Job Dkuehn

Absolutely think this is one of the neatest things I've seen here. It's great work, but even more so it's imagination and I really like that.

That's beautiful work, and dying the inside of the dark pieces made it even better.

What a great idea. I like it a lot. I also agree with Michael's comment about dying the insides. Fantastic project!

I like that a lot! Very clever way of making the chessmen.

I have just been commissioned to make a chess table with a standard board centered on a 36" square top. Did you dye the "white" squares or leave them natural. Any tips or other suggestions. Not sure what weight leather I am going to use as I have to wrap the edges.

Thanks!

Bob

very very nice and something you don't see everyday!

Beauty!