joyw

Question About Choice An Edger

Hi all:

First I should say sorry for my poor English,I am a newcomer and feel pleasure to join the forums,absolutely so many beautiful works and nice people here. I need some advice about which brand of edgers you prefer to use? I want to make smooth,wider edge for wallet making.Thanks! Look forward to your reply.

Joy

One supplier of course is Tandy. Their different sizes and all be sharpened much better than the come from the factory. Just use some wet/dry 1200 grit sand paper on a hard surface until it is polished. Then use rouge on a piece of leather to make the final polish. it must be polished to be sharp!

Another supplier is Barry King Tools of Sheridan, WY. He makes stainless steel edgers that come sharp. But to keep them sharp, use the method above. Does this answer your question?

One supplier of course is Tandy. Their different sizes and all be sharpened much better than the come from the factory. Just use some wet/dry 1200 grit sand paper on a hard surface until it is polished. Then use rouge on a piece of leather to make the final polish. it must be polished to be sharp!

Another supplier is Barry King Tools of Sheridan, WY. He makes stainless steel edgers that come sharp. But to keep them sharp, use the method above. Does this answer your question?

Yes,It helps a lot :-),how to polish the edger always difficult for me,thank for your answer!

Here is a link to a tutorial on my website I did about edge beveler sharpening - http://brucejohnsonleather.com/tutorials/