Richard Wasnock

Cowboy / Techsew / Cobra - Go!

While you are looking, check out Artisan and Nick o sew as they also offer the same type of 441 clone. My Artisan Toro 3200 came with right and left toe zipper feet, double toe foot and edge guide. Landed cost was just under $3200, including shipping and brokerage. Gump

I am also in your situation Richard. I also looked at a SewPro 441-Pro, and it appears to me to be six one way, and half a dozen the other. If you pull the trigger before I do, let us know what you decided on.

all similar machines ,

the extras may separate some but.

Service after the sale is what makes or breaks the value of your $$$$ investment

the lowest may not always be the best deal

Steve and Bob have been first rate, and will go the extra step,

to make customer service and support a Priority

I've have great dealings with both the rest I can't speak for,,,,,,

I understand $$$$$ is always a factor, talk with others who have dealt with whom ever you choose.

Make sure you feel a good fit and understanding of your machine needs with you dealer then fire away

Edited by Greystone

All of the machines sold by our advertising dealers are fully backed up with customer support. This goes for Cobra, Cowboy, Nick-o-Sew, and Techsew. These folks love machines and the customers who buy from them. If you need help after the sale, they will be there for you (but not necessarily the same minute!). I have been able to contact all of these dealers and either speak to them directly, or exchange messages, all to my satisfaction.

As for the 441 clone machines, they are not all created equal. The three you mentioned in your subject are specially designed and built to the specs of the dealer/importers. The dealers on eBay may or may not be in the same position to have the machines customized for them. If they are not primarily leather machine dealers, then the 441's they sell may be lower grade all the way around.

The 441s sold by Cobra, Cowboy and Techsew (at least) have special harness feet (Cowboy feet are also stainless steel), totally smooth feed dogs, available holster and stirrup plates, as well as a flat, slotted plate, special edge guides, speed reducers, and are setup to sew heavy, thick leather with heavy thread. Most offer a table attachment to assist with sewing flat work.

A typical 441 sold by our dealers costs half as much as an authentic Juki TSC-441, which isn't even setup with harness feet, and has teeth on both the feet and the feed dog. Beware of new 441 types that sell for much less (new) than what our guys ask for them. You might be getting a machine drop shipped from China, totally unadjusted and with absolutely zero dealer support.

Often when picking between dealers it comes down to whoever is closest amongst the suggested dealers and this is no reflection on the others. In the rare event that things go seriously wrong then the closest dealer is the lowest cost shipping option.

A good businessman is not just interested in the machine you buy today. We all know that you are going to have numerous machines over the life of your hobby/business so they want to build a long term relationship to supply needles, parts, motors, etc. It may sound a bit mercenary but we want to build trust both ways.

I think I've decided on a Cobra. If everything is created equal, at least they're on the west coast like I am.

I can attest from my own experience, you will be very happy with the Cobra 4. I am so very pleased with the machine, and with the service and responses from Steve at the Leather Machine Co. I know you will be happy and satisfied in all of your dealings with Cobra Steve.

jr

I'm replacing an Aerostitch.

Are those machines loud?

Did you ever get your Aerostitch to not skip stitches on the corners? I have one sitting and would like to know the secret.

I am 5 or 6 months now with my Techsew 2750Pro and love it..and the customer service has been terrific...I was a total novice and now sell pro looking watch straps and the customers love them..

just my 2 cents if that helps.

I am 5 or 6 months now with my Techsew 2750Pro and love it..and the customer service has been terrific...I was a total novice and now sell pro looking watch straps and the customers love them..

just my 2 cents if that helps.

Thanks Greg! Your watch straps are awesome.

Since I posted earlier about the deal I got on an Artisan 3200, I have come to realize that they have no interest in their customers after the sale. Their ad said this machine was able to sew down to 6oz, as with most 441 clones. What they didn't mention is that you have to purchase a $90us feed dog with a smaller hole than the one the machine ships with, as the hole is so big that the upper foot will almost fit in the feed dog hole. The machine was sewn off but that is it. If I was not mechanicaly inclined I would have been cursing. Gump.