DuaneBallard

Need Plastic Templates Made

I need someone that can laser cut templates for me based off full scale drawings. I've tried black river laser and after waiting for months and very spotty communication I've come to realize it'll never happen. It's always "a few more days". Anyone else offer this service? Thanks duane@dbcustomleather.com

I haven't used them for it but, I'm pretty sure Tap plastics does that.

Courtney

Sorry you had a bad situation with Black River Laser. Ive used their services a couple of times, and had nothing but good experiences, good communication and fast service.

That said, Grey Ghost Graphics/Jeff Mobley is your next best bet to try.

Chuck

I've bought things from her on ebay also with great results. But after this never again. I'm not the only one either. I even asked if she was too busy as I would look elsewhere. She asked me to send everything to her that it would be taken care of. All I did was waste a few months and get a few lies when I was able to get an answer. It's a shame. Sounds like at one point they were the go to place for this service.

Give Grey Ghost a cal.

I've used Black River Laser for years, never had a problem. Talked to Joyce today, she told me they've had some email and internet issues but she thinks they have them fixed. They are a very good source for Templates and their customer service is excellent, any small business will have hiccups from time-to-time. She is a member here, "StitchWizard". Excellent products for leather workers from fellow leather workers.

Chief

I also have used black river several times with excellent results. She still has my business

Here in Salt Lake City, whenever I've needed a pattern quickly, I turn to Beck Leather. Quick turnaround (I've had it done while I wait) but a bit more pricey than Black River

beckleather.com

In the past I have had great success with Black River and the turnaround was awesome. I have purchased Ebay templates and had custom templates made and the experience was great. I have sent three emails in the last month and none have been answered, and the last one was days after she posted on the forums that she was having email problems but they had been resolved, but still no reply to my emails.

I then sent the file to a die maker to get a quote for a clicker die, and when I got the price I nearly fell out the chair. Who knew they could be that expensive? Certainly not me. $300 for a die that's 3 inches x 10 inches. YIKES!

The file is now over at another laser company that states the template will be out the door on Wednesday. I will still work with Black River and I understand she is a one woman shop loaded with orders so I get it, but for now I had to go with someone else.

She said she was approaching the slow season so maybe in a few weeks she would be caught up and service will back to normal.

Karina