tboyce

Biker Wallet Pattern Uploaded

On the second image of the large section, does the section that says cut out actually get cut out, is this a second interior piece?

Edited by DS STRAPS

That's an interior lining piece. I originally called for it to be cut out to cut down on some of the bulk of the wallet but it can be made of 2oz leather with no cutout and I don't see that being much of a problem. .

That's an interior lining piece. I originally called for it to be cut out to cut down on some of the bulk of the wallet but it can be made of 2oz leather with no cutout and I don't see that being much of a problem. .

Thank you for the reply and the pattern!

Would like to see if someone has made this. Tom, you are a gentleman and a scholar for doing this, a huge thank you is in order for your selflessness in helping the less experienced leatherwork community (like myself). Put good out, get good in.

Thanks for the input nstarleather. I also thought that it was probably not necessary to cut out an entire interior lining piece but just the 'tongue' part that would cover the back of the snap and perhaps the middle part between the two sections.

Now that I have my work area set up, I'm hoping to carve out enough time to make this myself. Christmas is around the corner and I've been wanting to make one for my son.

If I do, I'll take pictures along the way to round out the deal and make anything that isn't clear a bit more obvious

Awesome!!!! Thank you.

Awesome!!!! Thank you.

Howdy all. Been gone awhile. Just bought a Dyna Glide Street Bob and thought I'd try my hand at making a few things for it and myself. Tool bag and wallet first. Thanks for posting the pattern.

Tom

Hi,

I ám total new white leathercraft and have maybe some stupid question, is it possible to print this on A4 paper.

If my english is not so well, i am from the Netherlands, please help.

I like this pattern ferry much!

Thanks, i already manage to convert it to A4.

I printed a copy of you biker wallet. Very good lay out an directions. You are a very kindhearted person.

Thank for your generosity

Dan

Hi I'm a completely it useless and cannot get it to print properly it prints all plan on one A4 sheet. Can anyone help please.

The easiest way to do this is to take the file to a Kinkos or Office Space store with a print center and ask them to print it on a large format printer.

Sorry for the late update!

Couple quick notes..

I didnt line the leather, nor did I add the cash pocket. Felt that the existing pockets were plenty and wanted to reduce bulk.

I wish I had put two front snaps on the wallet, but by the time I had realized that I had already used 2oz leather for the front slots and didn't want to chance the thin leather tearing from the snaps.

In the first picture: Had some trouble edging and burnishing the thin leather (especially on the cover where the snap is) so it came out looking scattered. Any tips on how to fix it?

image_zpsmkaf8f8q.jpeg

image_zps1nzy7teh.jpeg

image_zpsrqcqjrsd.jpeg

Thanks you very much Tom!

I appreciate it!!

Thank you, this is exactly what I've been looking for! I do have some questions, however. I've never made a wallet "from scratch". I'm still fairly new to leatherworking and have only used pre-cut leather kits. What leather weight is best for the exterior of the wallet? And for the interior?

Leather weights for wallets is an issue that varies from user to user. I prefer thinner wallets so I make all of mine out of 2oz. leather. I wouldn't vary that on the interior pieces however, I suppose that you could wander up to 4oz. on the exterior piece and still not have it be too bulky

Is it possible to make it without the coin pouch? I'm new to this and looking for a pattern that has just a bill compartment or two and card slots.

@indidana I too use 2oz. for my interior elements just like tboyce does but I do use 4oz. for all of my exteriors. I do this to ensure that the wallet has a very long and useful life for the client. In fact, I have contact with some of my very first customers (from when I was still in High School, and that has been awhile now) telling me that they have passed their wallet on to their children; one of them was made about 34 years ago. This is the beauty of handmade products that are made from real leather and not that stretchy, paper thin stuff that so many people are carrying in their pockets.

If I recall this design properly, I believe that all you have to do is just leave out the coin pouch element and you should be fine. Have fun with this because this is a very nice design that tboyce put together and I have seen many of them having been made and put into use.

NVLeatherWorx, thank you for your quick reply! I was thinking I would just leave the coin pouch out but wanted to make sure I could before I mess with it.

That's why I love working with leather. It's something that lasts and can be passed down. I've had people tell me that the items I made them will be family heirlooms. That's a good feeling. :)

Amen to that! We are a unique breed of Artisan in today's world and there are not as many of us as there were when I started my journey over 40 years ago.

Post us a pic once you have one done; it always gives others some insight as to how one can make it their own look by manipulating the basic pattern elements.

What are the dimensions of the wallet? I'm going to print it at home but want to make sure I get the size right.