tboyce

Biker Wallet Pattern Uploaded

very very new to all of this and searching for all the info I can... how do you print this out?? stupid question i am sure. but for me it all prints on one page 8x11, I am certain I am doing something wrong.

Great looking pattern. How do I print the pieces at the proper size to cut out and use?

Hello All,

This is a now a pretty old thread but I wanted to post this here for anyone else who comes across this (like I did a few years later). I downloaded the revised version of the biker wallet, went to FedEx office to get it printed. I had them put it on 24 in X 36 in paper though there was quite a bit of excess paper at the bottom. I don't know what paper sizes they have though so maybe that's the only size to print on. I really like the template!

The only issue I really ran into was in the card slots. The cards are really hard to push in and pull out, but I really think this is an issue with the waxed polyester thread I'm using from Tandy Leather. It might be a little to thick in diameter and a little too waxed. I've had a similar experience with other wallets I've made. So I would suggest to go with a non waxed or perhaps a thinner diameter thread. I've been wanting to try a new thread but haven't found a good cheaper price tag. I want to try Ritza Tiger thread but that's pretty pricey for me, so if anyone has a suggestion to try out I'd love to hear it! Oh, the other issue I had was beveling the thin leather, which is why it came out spotty (but that's an issue with the crafter not the template). 

The inner assembly is from 1.5-2.5 oz vegtan sheep skin, the exterior is 3-4oz veg tan cow. Line twenty snap, waxed thread from tandy and a six inch zipper from JoAnn fabric.  

Anyways here is my version of this wallet:

large.IMG_6331.JPG.126bf37b7b97954fb963c7fd7468c9d4.JPGlarge.IMG_6332.JPG.5419dada8dfd0be573c7237f2182ddf3.JPGlarge.IMG_6333.JPG.dd060320a0cda104c27dbd4c7e809417.JPGlarge.IMG_6335.JPG.49520cf690d93f94e7dfc50819f1bb3e.JPG

On 2/10/2016 at 9:11 PM, indidana said:

What are the dimensions of the wallet? I'm going to print it at home but want to make sure I get the size right.

On 10/28/2016 at 11:48 AM, mwsbmatt said:

very very new to all of this and searching for all the info I can... how do you print this out?? stupid question i am sure. but for me it all prints on one page 8x11, I am certain I am doing something wrong.

On 11/20/2016 at 5:03 PM, GriffinWorks said:

Great looking pattern. How do I print the pieces at the proper size to cut out and use?

indidana, mwsbmatt, Griffin Works the dimensions are about 7.5 inch square with the thumb break adding about 2.57 inches. The template itself was easier for me to take to a place to print out on 24 inch X 36 inch paper. I got two copies for about $7.00 USD.  There was a bit of excess paper on the bottom but it's easier and faster for me to pay them to print it and I just cut off the excess than to spend the time trying to print from home. I don't know enough about messing with computers to be able to do that. Hope that helps. You did ask about two years ago so you probably figured it out already.