Davy

Australians Please Help !

Just dug out all my old stuff . Brushed the rust off and getting going again . I can't buy any of the dyes I used to buy or antique & polish . I've started trying products out from leather finishes Australia, seem ok . I need some help with where to buy decent embossing hide , roo lacing and pieces , dyes & antique . I'm from the Newcastle area & there is nothing available here . Dyes and antiques I've used from Sydney are so overpriced and watered down I feel they are really taking advantage of us . Tandy looks so overpriced I wouldn't even bother with them . I used to buy rivets etc from Marish years ago .From what I've seen the best products come out of the US , correct me if I'm wrong . Need some serious help here brothers & sisters . Cheers Dave . Ps what are topic tags ?

Thanks Howie , I tried Birdsalls topcoats and polishes a few years ago . They had very similar products to what I used to use but they were that diluted I might as well have used water out of the tap for all the good they did . Might give them another look . I guess it's a bit hard to water down needles and blades . Cheers .

Hi Davy

Maclace in Brisbane have good kangaroo lace in a lot of different colours,Feibings products,and a good selection of leathers.Birdsal in Sydney also have Herman oak veg tan.Tandy also stock Herman oak of late ,but I don't know of the quality

Ok , what is Herman oak ? I've been using argentine veg double butts from NSW leather . Reasonable price and excellent epidermis layer that is great for anyone stamping . Been using Argentina leather for quite some time now and it has always measured up . Having said that , if there is something better again , I would like to try it . How much ? What thicknesses ?