sheridanman

For Sale! Selling My Vergez-Blanchard Stitch Wheel Markers Without Handle

Hello good folks of LW!

If anyone is interested i am selling my Vergez-Blanchard stitch wheel markers without the handle. anyone can fashion a handle for these great stitch markers since the handle from VB tools are easy to fabricate. to me it looks similar to a leather creaser from tandy with the wing nut screws to hole in place the wheels.

I have three sizes. anyone interested i'd be happy to entertain inquiries (richdomino@yahoo.com)

I also have some border stamp tools for sale that are old craftools and most of them have not tasted the leather yet since it was a gift from a relative. i have not used them since i make my own border tools stamp with my own design for my style of tooling. the generic designs although are great for beginning and advanced toolers just won't suit my patterns.

I have been making skiving knives with straight edges not the angled ones similar to those english style paring knives. i will post a pic of my own skiving knife that i built 3 years ago and have enjoyed using it especially on my turn-ins and folds when i do wallets. they work well on thin leather. has a flexible blade so you can bend a bit when going for those dives when making steep angle edge skives.

thanks all!

ritch

by the way the Vergez-Blanchard markers are really sharp. when used on very thin leathers it already makes the slanted stitch holes. so a pricking iron is not necessary as the slanted Hermez and LV stitch hole marks are already there if used on a bit thicker leather it doesn't go thru the leather you need to punch with a prick iron or use a saddlers awl. but nevertheless it makes marks with initial cut thru the leather to help start teh hole. very well made. i have not used them and just kept them. thanks!

rtich

A few pictures might be helpful .... And what SPI are the markers?

Bill

I think you have this in the wrong forum. There is a classified section for posting items for sale.

I apologize for posting this topic on the wrong section of LW. I now got it posted at the items for sale section. Thanks!

Ritch