Sign in to follow this  
neke

Old Pfaff Cylinder Arm - Help Needed

I recently found an old pfaff sewing machine, with original manuals and documents dated back in 1956. It would be a nice piece to own anyways, but I'd like to get some more info. I was told the model is Pfaff klasse 28 and it was designed for heavy materials.

What I would like to know, is this machine suitable for sewing veg tanned leather? Triple feed mechanism? Maximum material thickness? Maximum thread size?

I already tried to Google for more info, but got no results...

If anyone could help me, thanks already!

post-9760-0-96466200-1413159510_thumb.jp

Edited by neke

I dont know very much about these machines, but I often think that when I see the more "simple" mechanism to thread the machine, it´s more suitable for lighter work.. but I might be wrong and maybe someone else can help more :-) Good luck!

Maybe you can ask the owner of this machine: http://youtu.be/uBHhiDz6MQw

Also this guy was selling one: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=49645

This is a Pfaff 28 it more or less is an updated version of the Singer 17 and it uses a very tiny bobbin and the same hook as the Singer 17. it is a drop feed machine - no walking foot. You can adjust the stitch length with a lever underneath the top arm. I once had one of these when I was on the hunt for a cylinder machine. Most Pfaff 28 are setup for just a size 18 (as mine was). But there are subclasses which are for thicker meddles. It is a nice machine but not meant for heavy work and the tiny bobbins is not really an advantage.

I have an English manual for the machine. I will attach it so you can check the details and subclasses.

Pfaff 28 Manual - English.pdf

Edited by Constabulary