tboyce

Minimalist Tri-Fold Wallet Uploaded

I know Mike. I work at a FM 3 xs a week and people thing that's synonymous with 'cheap.' It doesn't help we're next to the Walmart parking lot. I have a basket full of my formally 10 buck bracelets for 5 bucks just to get rid of them. No one goes through it, they look at the 40.00 ones and want them for 5. I raised all my prices on my good thing this year, tired of not being paid for my time at all. And they aren't really buying a bit less than they did when the stuff was 18.00. The walk through the FM, get an idea of what they want then head to Walmart. Even the Farmers aren't doing as well this year.

I think it's a cultural difference where the Chinese can't understand how much we hate their products. I have not had a single item returned that I've sold and a lo of my early work I see now was horrifying, lol. But i guess it's lasting longer than Walmart so it's ok to the people who bought it. Now that I have a handle on at least looks good, whether it's mine or not, I set my price accordingly.

I guess I'm doing better than you, a guy wants me to make pouches for him for 4.00 and he sells them for 5. I am now flattered which wasn't my first thought when I was asked. :)

Here's my attempt at the pattern. I had a lady ask me to make her a business card holder for her boss.

That turned into "stringing" three of them together so I suggested a trifold wallet type holder. I searched online and found this pattern and was immediately sold. She said it doesn't even need to fold because her boss carries huge purses, so I made it with 3 oz. It was my first attempt at a wallet! Each pocket on the inside is for her three different businesses. The pockets on the outside are for credit cards, and, of course, there's the bill pocket.

post-62762-0-30915600-1437376581_thumb.j

post-62762-0-22469400-1437376634_thumb.j

post-62762-0-84005100-1437376674_thumb.j

post-62762-0-34073200-1437376711_thumb.j