CustomDoug

#277 Thread In Multiple Colors ?

I have not been able to find #277 thread in various colors. I only see the typical few offerings of white, brown, natural and black... I'm wanting to find some vibrant colors though, greens, blues, yellows, red, etc. - does anyone know of any? I'm not really picky on the type, since this doesn't seem to be too common, but bonded polyester would be a preference.

Doug C

Oh, not looking for waxed thread.. it'll be machine used. And also, I've already looked at the thread exchange.

Doug C

try CANSEW they are in Toronto

Thanks guys.. the Solar Guard (which is bonded polyester) from Superior thread looks interesting. Again, not being too picky but the bigger thread producers advertise like 100 colors or so on their websites for thread - yet finding it available is next to impossible, especially in the larger sizes.

The Cansew place seems good, but pricey.. the cones go for about double what I normally see them sell for.

What I'd really like to do is standardize my threads .. that is to say, have the same 6-9 colors through out 3 different thread sizes. That seemed like a reasonable thing to do, but is proving not to be. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Doug C

Edited by CustomDoug

You could try weaver leather. I get 277 from them and they have about 12 different colours.

Yea I did, they have a very good selection of colors in #69 and below (like a lot of other places), but less so with the larger threads. Plus, they have like a $200 minimum on first orders if I understand correctly, just to qualify to be able to purchase from them.

Buying from a manufacturer would seem to be the ticket but I can't get any of them to confirm that I can.. and I'm beginning to doubt that it's possible really.

Doug C

Both suppliers have a good variety of colors for 277....Try Weaver Leather, www.leathersupply.com

Also The Thread Exchange, www.thethreadexchange.com or 800-915-2320.

I have found there are a good variety of colors out there but are somewhat limited when it comes to this weight.....which is actually my preference when sewing. The second supplier speciality is thread and will custom roll colors for you.

Good luck!

Doug, look up Serafil ( exists in 270 and has 148 colours from Amann )..product info here http://www.amann.com/en/products/serafil/

you can contact them to create an account and buy from them in the USA via this page http://www.amannusa.com/webshop.html

HTH :)

The link to the webshop from the serafil page "404s"..But the link to the webshop contact page at ( second link I posted ) amannusa works..

Edited by mikesc

http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/category/?q=277+thread

I have bought several different colors from here. Wide variety of colors in 277.

Hi guys, 

We carry Amann's Serafil in Polyester in 277.  CustomDoug is correct that manufacturers advertise 100s of colors, but that really is meant for manufacturers who order 50lbs or more at a time, and have the patience to wait 2 months to get it.  

For example Amann Serafil adverstises something like 200 colors, but only about a couple dozen or so are available in 277 polyester, and even less so in BONDED polyester.  Currently we have several browns, a tan, hot pink, Harley orange, Harley Yellow, Fire Engine Red, Royal Blue, Purple, and Turquoise.....all in 277 standard polyester.   But they are very hard to get for even me, and I sell out in a couple of weeks.  I tell customers who make it into the shop to buy what they like now, it most likely won't make it until next week.   All Amann thread is made in Germany, and it takes weeks to get it in.