vaporlock

Junker Und Ruh Thread And Needle Correlation

Good afternoon,

I am adding an SD28 to my toolbox and even though a lot has been written about this and the pedersen machine, I can not find which thread size corresponds with which needle size.

the pedersen 308 manual states : use 6 strand twisted linen, waxed on the bobbin, unwaxed on the upper.

needle #5 goes with thread #5, #6 with #6 etc. but these notations are from way before I was born and I have no idea which thread diameter goes with which number.

Is it as simple as measuring the needle's blade and take the same diameter thread?

Thanks in advance, friendly regards

vaporlock

in my experience, the needle thickness isn't all that important (probably depends on the project you're working on), i'm can use a #6 needle with thin to heavy handstitching thread. best to try out i guess. by the way,do you know the thickness of the front cover plate for needles 7 and 8? i only have the 5/6 and plan to grind that down because i will be sewing very thick thread..

Good morning CHgehrig,

I only have the 5/6 plate. since these plates are hard to get, I would recommend making a 7/8 plate from scratch. I'll see if I can find out the thickness of the 7/8 plate and post it here.

Grüße

vaporlock