Here are some pictures of my workshop after I re-arranged it. I needed to re-arrange it and utilize the whole shop due to the increase in business. Let's see some picture of your shops and workbenches. I've seen some forums on there that have workshop and workbench pictures but none of them appear to be recent so I would like to see some of your shops and workbenches to help me utilize my space more efficiently. Thank You!

post-49852-0-00664000-1414207079_thumb.jpost-49852-0-53705000-1414207450_thumb.jpost-49852-0-72895700-1414207800_thumb.jpost-49852-0-85828500-1414207814_thumb.jpost-49852-0-27156600-1414208028_thumb.jpost-49852-0-87443900-1414208480_thumb.jpost-49852-0-59412200-1414208615_thumb.j

Now that's cheating! You aren't supposed to have your shop soooooo, neat and clean! If my wife see's this, she'll be after me to clean up my cave! Not sure if I even know where to put all my stuff! :dunno:

Bob

Haha, the floor is a mess. Holes punches and shavings, scraps, ect are covering the floor, especially under my workbench.

WOW!

That looks fantastic, i have always had a bit of a thing for workshops, they can seem to take on a personality when they are right. Is it just me that is a bit wierd.

Thank you! I'm the same way as you, I really enjoy checking out other peoples workshops. When I originally had this shop delivered, I didn't think my side gig company would outgrow the shop.....and it did. I really need more space, table space especially. I have some new toys on the way that I just ordered and I have NO IDEA where I'm going to put them!

Now I'm jealous, it looks great how big is it ? I also like looking at workshops, and getting ides from seeing other peoples. mine is 10ftX12ft will see if I can get some pics just as soon as it is tidy :rofl:

My work bench is right in my living room. I don't do leather work for a living, rather it's more of a self sustaining hobby, plus a little extra. I make mostly holsters, knife sheaths and belts. It's just right for that.

My tools are in 3 separate tool boxes, I just pull out whatever box matches the procedure I'm working at the time.

firstthing_zpsd815879c.jpg

This is my Leather shop as it was being built --- I had a garage door installed, so I could have motorcycles in the shop when I am designing and fitting saddlebags/seats etc...

I am in the process of redoing the inside, as my disabilities have changed, and limited my mobility... I will post some recent pictures when it is finished.

post-56301-0-09761800-1419126076_thumb.j

My shop is a 12x20, but it's too small for me. I need a bigger shop. Yes, it is clean in the picture but it looks like it was robbed and ransacked after all of the Christmas orders. During the Christmas break, I am re-designing/remodeling to add more table space.

Not much of a workshop, but this is my 6ft long workbench I constructed in the garage.... needs a good bit of re-organising!

post-38532-0-42536200-1419128892_thumb.j

post-39107-0-53630300-1419465159_thumb.jThis is my workshop. The steel drawer units are out of a lab at the university of Iowa 20 years ago, along with the 10' long by 1 1/2" thick laminated top. I have an unfinished basement. This is one area/corner (if it were finished it would be a great bedroom). I use my shop for leather work, woodcarving, and cleaning /building guns. No excuses, i am a slob. stuff everywhere. My hot wife doesn't like my clutterpost-39107-0-53630300-1419465159_thumb.j....but its mine! I am blessed!

You've got a great looking shop I'm just working out of my basement and living room :rofl:.

Not the best picture but i have a 6 ft wide by 15 ft long shed i do all my work in. Not to much room but betting then my 3ft by 3ft spot i had in my house.

post-33174-0-46127700-1420737678_thumb.j

Edited by cowboy bowhunter

Well, once again, my shop has been rearranged. After the crazy Christmas rush, I had to do something to add more moving space and table space. I had to make the shop more function-able. I still need to build one more table, but the shop is a lot more spacious than it was. I have my main workbench with a table to the left that has my anvil, stamping/tooling area, and my press. I have a cutting/prepping table, a dying table, and a center press table for my hand presses. I will be adding one more additional table for finished orders/shipping table/ect. There is a big difference in the shop from my first post about the shop to this post.

post-49852-0-55087400-1420772790_thumb.j

post-49852-0-12349300-1420772873_thumb.j

post-49852-0-26776500-1420772890_thumb.j

post-49852-0-72203100-1420772951_thumb.j

post-49852-0-68856700-1420772965_thumb.j

post-49852-0-98759800-1420772982_thumb.j

post-49852-0-79484200-1420773018_thumb.j

That's not a shop, it is all neat and tidy. It is not a fire hazard, this is an imaginary shop.

Haha, it's nice and tidy because it was just finished being remodeled. It's been a week and it already looks.....well, anyone with a leather shop knows.

Haha, it's nice and tidy because it was just finished being remodeled. It's been a week and it already looks.....well, anyone with a leather shop knows.

I was concerned you may not be a real leatherworker...LOL. I had people walk into my workroom and say "How do you find anything?" The thing is no matter what hurricane or tornado comes through, as long as it is us we know where our stuff is. I haven't got mine set up in this new place yet, but soon. I plan to use a lot of those Command TM strip to hang my shears etc.

you all have very nice looking shops, right now mine is a book shelf with a fold out table on one side of a walk in closet. I usually have to drag out all my stuff to the kitchen table. now if I could get all of my wifes projects out of the garage I could have some space.

great workshops guys, foam walls robertmeco, bet thats warm in winter. works really well doesn't it

I probably have the worst workspace in the history of leather work. The owner of the last house I was renting decided to sell it at the drop of a hat, so I ended up packing my entire life into this tiny room in the basement of a friends house while my next spot gets figured out. I can't even open the door to my room all the way, as it hits my desk. My bed is four feet in the air, so I could store my belongings underneath. It's been difficult to deal with. I've got two more months of this to put up with.

NuShQ1p.jpg

Edited by LLWork