immiketoo

Chan Geer Online Class-November 29, 2014

Hiya all! The next class is coming soon! Here are the details:

***** ONLINE CLASS ANNOUNCEMENT - November 29, 2014 1:00PM Central Standard time*****

Al Stohlman award winner, Chan Geer will be joining Learn Leather to teach his techniques for carving various elements of the Sheridan style of floral tooling. Chan will cover several leaf types, flowers and stem work in this training in addition to insights into his carving techniques.

Students will be provided with an original checkbook pattern to study and carve at their leisure following the class. Students will also receive a link to the class for extended study once the class is finished. Please join Chan and Learn Leather for this exciting class! As always, classes are $20.00 per student.

Al Stohlman award winner, Chan Geer will be joining Learn Leather to teach his techniques for carving various elements of the Sheridan style of floral tooling. Chan will cover several leaf types, flowers and stem work in this training in addition to insights into his carving techniques. Students wil…
ATTENDEE.GOTOTRAINING.COM

I really enjoy these classes. Thanks for making it happen sir.

For those that have never taken advantage of this style of learning you are missing out.

For those that are saying "I'm busy that day and can't make it!" You can catch it in rerun mode (which is what I do more than once because I am a slow listener).

For those who say "cost to much", you ever priced a class with Chan? I know personal classes are more than a hour but are they really? A hour with the instructor not being interrupted by someone like me to ask the same question over and over (cause I will do it).

I'll vouch for these classes too. They are a great chance to learn from master craftsmen. I've taken many of them and always found them to be more than worth the money.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. We're set to have a pretty good class this time. Can't wait!

I am interested in this but have never participated in anything like this before. I also am just getting into leather working and have no carving skills what so ever. I would like more info. How long is the class? Is this for beginners like me? Is there a link where I can read more about it?

Mjdean, I run a business in which I provide instruction on a variety of leather working topics using top shelf instructors like Chan, Bob Beard, Chris Slickbald Andre and more. All of the classes thus far are geared toward beginner to intermediate leatherworkers, however there are things for advanced folks too. Classes are between an hour and an hour and one half, and they cost $20 bucks each. Students receive the opportunity to ask questions of the instructors and there is a video for later viewing. If you are interested, I have classes available for beginning use of the swivel knife, bevelers and backgrounding. Let me know here or at immiketoo@me.com.

immiketoo, I am most definitely interested in these classes. Please send me any info you have. When is the cutoff date to sign up for the Nov 29th class?

All of the info is at the top of this thread, including the link to register. You can register the day of the class until it starts. You can also watch the video afterwards if you want.

I've participated in several of these classes and I'll watch the videos afterward, and I keep learning more stuff. I really like Chan Geer too.

Thanks Bob. This is going to be a great class.

@immiketoo is there a class schedule or list for upcoming classes? Or links for purchase of past videos of classes. These sound great and I would like more info please. And I'm leaving this here cuz I would bet others would like the info as well.

please include me in the new class information

Thanks

Lewis

Check out this thread: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=62845

Mike has information on the current Chan Geer class coming up April 22nd and on the other classes he has. You can PM him too.