Troy Burch

Industrial Sewing Machine Oil

I bought a 205 Adler a few months back and I'm out of oil. Are all white oils non staining? Are they all equal? As you can tell I'm new to this sewing machine stuff, any advice would be helpful. Thanks Troy

You know what you are getting from any of our "Banner" advertisers. I would never take a chance with any unknown lubricant. Modern new formula motor oils have ruined many overhauls because the engine builders were ignorant of the new formulas and assumed motor oil is motor oil. I rely on the experts that deal with sewing machine lubricants every day. Cheaper to be safe than sorry. IMHO

jr

You know what you are getting from any of our "Banner" advertisers. I would never take a chance with any unknown lubricant. Modern new formula motor oils have ruined many overhauls because the engine builders were ignorant of the new formulas and assumed motor oil is motor oil. I rely on the experts that deal with sewing machine lubricants every day. Cheaper to be safe than sorry. IMHO

jr

Yes Sir, that's why I'm asking. I want the best nonstaining oil I can buy. I would like to order from one of the members here, just want to be sure it's the same quality I'd get from Adler.

I am sure any of our vendors would happily provide specs, compatibility or any other questions you have. I have full confidence in the advice I have received on all products I have ever had any question about. I have read your contributions to the forums and understand how you view quality. I trust my Cobra 4P to the oil I received from Cobra Steve. I am sure your Adler has the same or tighter tolerances, and I bet the oils available from our venders meet or exceed Adler specs. By the way, the white will penetrate veg-tan if I neglect to wipe off the excess and drips, especially from the presser foot, that form after I lube my machine, but this is not staining, in my opinion. Any oil will penetrate veg tan, wanted or unintended.

jr

Is there really an oil that does not stain unprotected / untreaded leather? I dont´think so.

I do not use any "special purpose oi" I use S-761 weapons oil for everything! Mountainbike chain, household, sewing machine, weapons... everything.

My simple opinion: What lubricates + cleanes the MG3 and M249 machien guns or G36 and M16 rifles can´t be bad for sewing machines.

This stuff has a low vicosity and is well penetrating and it has a good cleanig effect on old gummed sewing machiens (espeacially in tight bearing).

I love my S-761!!!