tboyce

Sunglasses Case

Zikman asked me to help him with a case for sunglasses. Here's the pattern. It seems to be pretty self explanatory.

Printed size is 11x17

Sunglasses case.pdf

thanks man!

Thanks for another great pattern ( and all the others as well). It's very kind of you to help us all out like that!!

Bill

Thank you!! You should collect all of these in your gallery.

I meant to say you're welcome to post this for all. I see you already have. Thanks again!

That was the deal. I will make you a pattern but, if you want to make it proprietary, you have to let me know up front.

Sorry if there was any confusion...and thanks for providing us all with a pattern. My part is easy compared to coming up with the overall design :D

Edited by tboyce

Sweet. Another Christmas gift for family! I will be making this one out of Horween Russet Horsehide!!!

Thanks Tboyce. By the way, I have been posting in other places about your generosity; I am very grateful!

you're welcome

Over the weekend. Sunglass case made of Horween Horsehide and a mini messenger.

20141107_223529.jpg

Thanks for the pics!

I will try to get it uploaded later.

Edited by jqtoms

Nice! Now I really want some of that leather...

First thanks tboyce for the pattern!!

Here is my version I made last week for my own personal use. I have to say the case is a tad tight. I have two pair of eyeglasses, (everyday use, and a dressy pair). The everyday use pair measures 5 1/4" in width and it is really snug but doable. The dressy pair measures 5 3/4" and barely fit at all. I made mine from a scrap of milled vegetable tanned leather I had lying around and decided to go with a strap closure instead of a snap closure because I didn't want to chance scratching the glasses, and really didn't want to line it.

When I get a free moment I am going to remake this case but I am going to slightly increase the size of the pattern so that it will fit both sizes of my eyeglasses.

Karina

post-32363-0-80045700-1415715738_thumb.p

Nice!

I love seeing these pictures.

Tell you what. I'm socked in at work right now but, later in the week, I'll have time to devote to it. If you enlarge the entire pattern, the lengths between the stitches will enlarge as well. I'll do an updated pattern that is a tad bigger but with the stitch holes still being 1/8" apart

First thanks tboyce for the pattern!!

Here is my version I made last week for my own personal use. I have to say the case is a tad tight. I have two pair of eyeglasses, (everyday use, and a dressy pair). The everyday use pair measures 5 1/4" in width and it is really snug but doable. The dressy pair measures 5 3/4" and barely fit at all. I made mine from a scrap of milled vegetable tanned leather I had lying around and decided to go with a strap closure instead of a snap closure because I didn't want to chance scratching the glasses, and really didn't want to line it.

When I get a free moment I am going to remake this case but I am going to slightly increase the size of the pattern so that it will fit both sizes of my eyeglasses.

Karina

attachicon.gifcase1.png

Fantastic!

When playing with the pattern I noticed the size could have been an issue. My daily sunnies measure about 5 3/4" and I didn't think it'd fit.

I love seeing these pictures.

Tell you what. I'm socked in at work right now but, later in the week, I'll have time to devote to it. If you enlarge the entire pattern, the lengths between the stitches will enlarge as well. I'll do an updated pattern that is a tad bigger but with the stitch holes still being 1/8" apart

Thanks! Is there any way to enlarge the current template? I'd be poking my own holes anyway.

Sure.

I enlarged it twice. The smaller one is 10% bigger than the original and the larger one is 15% bigger. If that will do, let me know. Otherwise I can enlarge it again

both print outs are 17x11

Larger Eyeglass Case.pdf

Thank you very much for sharing this Pattern. One can never have to many patterns!.

Awesome! Thank You