Davi

Glass Slicker

Ive been looking at glass slickers but really didnt want to pay £25 so I decide dto pop into my local glass supplier. 10 Minutes later I walked out with two glass slickers costing £1 each.
I didnt get the edges totally rounded, just got the sharp edges took off but if I want another one with rounded edges he can do it but it will take a little longer to do.

He was gob smacked when i told him how much these cost at a leathercraft supplier. I suggested that he sold them for a couple of quid a piece and told him I would let local leather workers know to come to him for them. If he decides to start charging too much, I have another 3 glass suppliers very close also.

The measurements I had it made to were 6mm thick, 11.5cm long, 9cm wide.

Edited by Davi

I went into a local glass fab store, and they quoted me 77$. I wish I could find a store like yours locally.

Yup, 20$ piece of glass, and 57$ fee to round the corners.

Yup, 20$ piece of glass, and 57$ fee to round the corners.

He only knocked the sharp corners off this piece, he can round them but it would take longer and I was willing to try it like this first. I have a feeling that they would probably just use off cuts that were no good for anything else and it only took about 3 mins to do it.

Another way to get there on the cheap is glass drink coasters. If you hit thrift stores from time to time, you can find stuff under a dollar.

Chuck

https://images.promotionsonly.com.au/product/corporate-glass-coaster.jpg

http://www.handmadeinpa.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/sandy5.jpg

Heres a couple examples of what Im talking about. Look for the thicker ones and youll save 20+ dollars.

Chuck

Nice, I am using a glass serving plate right now. I will look for those coasters.

Ive been looking at glass slickers but really didnt want to pay £25 so I decide dto pop into my local glass supplier. 10 Minutes later I walked out with two glass slickers costing £1 each.

I didnt get the edges totally rounded, just got the sharp edges took off but if I want another one with rounded edges he can do it but it will take a little longer to do.

He was gob smacked when i told him how much these cost at a leathercraft supplier. I suggested that he sold them for a couple of quid a piece and told him I would let local leather workers know to come to him for them. If he decides to start charging too much, I have another 3 glass suppliers very close also.

The measurements I had it made to were 6mm thick, 11.5cm long, 9cm wide.

Buy a load off him and shove them on ebay?