sharkeyfinn

Music! Whats Your Thing?

hi everyone, just for grins i thought it would fun to see what everyone listens to (if anything) while your working on your projects?

just recently i have been listening to : shawn mullins (souls core) julie london (julie is her name) with a little janes addiction thrown in for good measure, however i do find the first two a bit more focusing, and sometimes i find just instrumental music very settling :-)

I am glad for this post and hope it receives several responses so I can get exposed to different artists. Personally I listen to country music especially John Denver (yes that dates me) but am always seeking other artists along that line. Soft and mellow is my way to go although I throw in some celtic when I want to liven things up a bit.

hi pounder, you should definately try some julie london and shawn mullins if you like soft and mellow, julie london sang cry me a river, one of my all time favourites ;-) im also a big bowie fan, but only some of his works are fit for purpose when im crafting lol ;-)

Hi to both of you. You can't beat a bit of Joe Bonamassa

I like to listening to wait for it TOM T HALL and Kenny Rogers

Hey Pawpaw, we have something in common. Both great to listen to and very relaxing. I had the fortunate experience to meet, at a car show, a gent that was a Kenny Rogers double. He sounded like him and certainly looked like him. I have the pics in my shop and folks always believe that it is Kenny when they see them. He is also from Georgia and often wonder if he actually met his idol. Interesting and fun stuff.

Also love the rc semis I had the good fortune to see some years ago. Outstanding toys and functioned as the real thing. Very fine craftsmanship and the selection of the different models was fantastic.

I have been a plane nut for many years, and enjoy watching the different video clips on you tube now and then. Had private license when I was young and it was one of the best experiences in my life.

Rattling on.

God Bless.

Ray

Lately, Porcupine Tree. Shame I didn't discover them earlier.

Also Tool and Nine Inch Nails. Back when I used to make braided string lanyards a friend was astonished that I could plait listening to Pantera. :whistle:

Cheers

Juan

lol pantera ! fantastic :thumbsup: i will look out for joe bonamassa and tom t hall, i have always been a bit of a bowie fan, and the hero's album has seen the light of day lately, i would like to get into some classical ,but thats a hard one to find a starting point from. thanks for the replies so far, most interesting :spoton:

I'd suggest Beethoven's 9th and 5th, and Mozart's Requiem. I'm particularly fond of the versions with von Karajan conducting the Viena or Berlin Philarmonic.

Sting's "The Last Ship" is in the CD player at the moment. At any given time, however, you might find Bach, Mozart, Saint Saens, Count Basie, Reel Big Fish, Steely Dan, Donald Fagan, Patsy Cline, Rush, Ozzy Osborne, Keane, Fun, MCR .... In other words ... I like most everything, and can work to most of it. Quite often, the TV is on in the background too.

Bill

im glad its not just me with the tv on too bill :thumbsup:

krappstein thank you for the recommendation i will definately be looking into that, im quite fond of string instuments violin etc, one of my all time faves is "lakme" by leo delibes, the film "the hunger" with david bowie got me into that one .but i think thats more opera??

The Flower duet from Lakme is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written. Bar none.

Beautiful indeed.

If you prefer strings then maybe Bach's cello suites and violin concertos? Can't comment on opera, the only one I know is 'Carmen' by Bizet.

Edited by krappstein

Blues,

Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Robert Johnson, Lightnin' Hopkins, James Cotton, Elmore James, etc.

snubby! thanks for that, blues is a genre that i love to hear,but have never really taken the time to investigate , i can see why you would like working to this, top notch :thumbsup: and once again thanks krappstein, i will be looking at both your suggestions . and thanks again for the comments guys, keep them coming

How's about some Muddy Waters?

Mark Knopfler, Tim O'Brien, Andy Irvine, Michelle Shocked, David Grisman, Fairport Convention, Crooked Still, Patrick Street.... blues...

I must admit I'm not a music listener, though. My husband's the one who finds all the good music and turns it on. If it's on, I enjoy it. If it's not, I listen to audiobooks. Classics like Dickens mixed with modern fantasy like Brandon Sanderson, or British detective mysteries. (not to derail the thread... )

Music moves my soul.. If I want to get my feet moving Bob Marley,but from Muddy Waters to Bach count me in.. Taylor Swift and that sort I would have to pass,but we were talking about music .

Got to take moment and thank everyone for the great tips on music. Soon as I finish some projects I will be on the hunt for some of these. Do like some Tom T. Hall, Kenny Rogers and Ed Bruce, the old country, this new stuff sucks.

Hi Sharkeyfinn try these links when you have got a spare moment and let us know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/user/JoeBonamassaTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMXXnLSRdBE&list=RDjMXXnLSRdBE

Cheers

Peter

+1 for Joe Bonamassa! Plus one more for Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart!! I've been into both for years and now they're jammin' together. Johnny A (albums: "Get Inside" and "Sometime Tuesday Morning") is great instrumental jazz/blues. Warren Haynes "Man in Motion" ...well, what can I say about Warren Haynes...

Usually if I'm working I just put iTunes on shuffle and let her rip. I can listen to almost anything but I tend to listen to more classic rock, metal and punk than anything else. Favorite bands Doors, Led Zeppelin, Ramones, Misfits, Alice Cooper, Angry Samoans, Black Flag, early AC/DC, Blue Oyster Cult, Credence, Iron Maiden, older Metallica, etc.

Stu

I'm usually running one of three Pandora stations; Amos Lee, Avett Brothers, or Lake Street Dive. With that it will bring up a huge swath of artists. Dan Tyminski, Bob Dylan, Mumford & Son, Willie Nelson, John Prine, The Band, Jack Johnson, some old blues, R&B, or Jazz. If I'm listening to a radio station I usually stream Martha's Vineyard Radio. Pretty much get most of the above there too.

In case you have not had the pleasure, this is Lake Street Dive. This video is one take.

Wow what a voice!! Chiefjason how do you attach the video to this message board?