Hello,

I'm sure this question has been asked here before, but I looked through the threads and didn't find what I was looking for. I am considering starting up a small business selling leather items I have sewn. I will be starting with children's moccasins. I have a basic sewing machine that is doing an ok job of sewing the leather, but I know I need to buy a better machine if I am going to make this a business. I am wondering what the best bang for your buck is when it comes to a machine that will sew leather well. I don't have thousands to spend on a new machine. But I do want something that will get the job done.

Well here is my 2 cents... for shoes, usually a oost hed or cylinder arm are recommended but more expensive so your best for a step up from your home machine will be a compound walking foot machine like a singer 111w155 or consew 206rb with a servo motor. You can usually find these on Craigslist with a clutch motor for about 500 but will need to buy a servo motor for another 135 or so. Take what you want to sew when you go to test the machine. If you still need more details, check the sewing forums here or let me know. Where abouts in so cal are you? I am in the IE.

Edited by Wishful

Correction to above: post bed or cylinder arm :)