denisfilatov

!help! Help ! Find Pattern Long Wallet !

Nope.

I was going to try to figure it out myself so I could make some for Christmas gifts, but it takes me a while to draw them out, so probably not gonna happen.

Edited by 25b

After spending some time looking at the images provided I believe that I have figured out how it goes, I just don't have it drawn out to share with anyone.

However, I can tell you that it basically requires you to cut two pieces of leather the same shape (the back and the interior base) making sure that you flip your template after cutting the first one so as to ensure a mirror image so that the flesh sides will face each other and match up.

The innermost line of the zipper assembly (the one towards the center of wallet) needs to be sewn through the interior base, the zipper tape, and the back to create the zippered pocket which is the angled section with the snaps.

The interior base also needs to have the open sections shown in the image cut-out. The card pockets are basically stacked onto the interior base section and then stitched down as shown in images. If I were to make one of these I would use the "T-shaped" pocket idea as it would help reduce the overall thickness (I have however started using a 2 piece pocket design in my long wallets that allows the top section of any pocket not being used to actually nest down as if it were not even there).

In the last two images the flap pocket also shows another cut-out that looks like another pocket, in this case another piece of leather has been stitched to the back side of that opening to create that separate pocket (this looks like it is intended to be a checkbook section or even another currency pocket).

I am not a master of the CAD system nor do I have the time available to sit down and draw these designs out as I have my hands full with filling orders. However, anyone should be able to sit back and get the general idea by just looking at one piece at a time and then putting their take on it and create some general layout templates from any images available. It takes time and it also doesn't hurt if you have a little bit of design background of any kind (mine is Architecture) and can apply those techniques to the process. I always try to visualize these things in a "blown up" fashion, just like those instructions that come with anything we buy that requires assembly.

And for anyone who is going to try and brave this one on their own, it appears that the leather used here is a combination of 2 to 3 oz. and 3 to 4 oz., maybe lighter on the 2 to 3 oz. pieces.

Another thing to consider here is whether or not the creator of this item, Tanner Goods, will authorize you to use their design. I would recommend that you contact them first and clear it with them; if they hold a design patent on this item then you would be in violation of the laws regarding Copyright infringement. One thing we all need to keep in mind is that just because we see a cool design somewhere on the web, doesn't mean that we can automatically go about copying it and using it ourselves. There are several designs in the market that are produced by professional tradesmen that are actually registered which gives the designer some serious leverage against someone who is using their intellectual property. Just food for thought. On the flip side of that equation, if you make some unique materiel changes to the design so that it has "your own artistic influence" included to it then you have now created a new design which doesn't create an issue.

Edited by NVLeatherWorx

Anyone can copy these designs for their own personal use as long as they are not selling the items. Also, the terms "patent" and "copyright" are not the same thing and they are not interchangeable. If you go look at their website, the ONLY information they post about "protecting" is the actual content on their website. That's it.

If anyone has questions about IP law, I highly recommend they speak to an actual, real IP attorney instead of listening to idle threats made by people on the Internet.

Edited by 25b

Ok, I read Tom's post a couple of days ago and this is clearly not going to happen anytime in the near future. (I am not upset - just stating facts, so don't read anything else into that please.)

Is there anyone else that would be kind enough to make the patterns for these? I would consider paying a nominal fee for the patterns, if that is necessary. Again, I will not be selling them or anything like that. I would just like to make some of them to give as gifts to my friends and family. I actually wanted to do that since Thanksgiving, but couldn't because I didn't have the patterns.

Thanks for any help.

I've tried many times in the past and cannot do it. That is why I'm hoping someone on here would be able to make these, but I guess they're just too complicated or something.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your insightful, enlightened post.

How could i get the istructions to duplicate the pattern above.

How could i get the istructions to duplicate the pattern above.

Yeah, good luck. Not going to happen anytime soon. I've pretty much begged for these and no one seems to want to (nor know how to) make the patterns and that was after me offering to pay a nominal fee to have them done.

Edited by 25b

You know something? I told you that I haven't figured it out yet and you refuse to let that be it. You've private messaged me over your bullcrap issues and your internal need to have these particular designs done under some timeline that you seem to feel free to dictate.

I've told you that I'm not going to hold up someone else's design if I can do it easily just to wait until I figure out the design you want. You have some severe entitlement issues if you think you can berate someone who is essentially doing you a favor. Now you're taking your complaints public. So how about this Buckwheat? I don't know when I'm even going to get it done but as it sits right now, if I ever do figure it out, you're the last person I'm going to give it to.

Toproe: I am trying to locate someone to go ahead and make these. If I do, I will send the patterns to you.

Tom: I am not really sure what your problem is, but I did not attack you in here (nor anywhere else, for that matter), so there is no reason for you to behave that way.

Edited by 25b

I think it is time to close this thread.

The vast majority of people here appreciate all the work that Tom Boyce does and shares with us. He's doing a great job.

Tom