tboyce

Veg Tan Cross Body Bag

I was looking through my files and ran across a bag design I had worked on a while back. I anticipated making it out of 6-8oz veg tan.

It's a cross body bag with a gusseted front pocket and a flap that folds over the bag and the pocket at the same time

you'll have to work out your own strap length but that shouldn't be too hard.

CROSS BODY BAG.pdf

Hey Tom,

How would you print this for the sizing to be right? There are no measurements on the pattern.

Thanks again for the awesome patterns you share with everyone. I've been wanting to make a new bag and this one looks pretty sweet!

42"X30" ...sorry

42"X30" ...sorry

Sweet thanks! So I take it to a large format printer and tell them the image needs to be 42"X30" right?

Joe, what I do is save the file and email it to a UPS business solutions place and tell them "42X30".

yep. final print is 42X30

If you don't have access to a large format printer or if you just need to print a large PDF right away, there is an option in Acrobat Reader to print a large file onto multiple regular sheets of paper.

About halfway down the screen after you hit print, on the options screen, there is a section called Page Sizing and Handling. Under that label there are four buttons labeled Size, Poster, Multiple, and Booklet. By default, the Size button is selected which gives you options to scale the image to fit the paper, print it full size (which will cause only the middle part of the image to print), or set a custom size.

Ignore all of these options and hit the button labeled Poster. You'll then have options for tile scaling, overlap size, and a few other things. Just make sure that tile scaling is at 100% and the preview window will show you how it is going to print out. For the 42"x30" PDF it will end up printing either 5 sheets wide by 3 sheets tall for a total of 15 sheets or 4 sheets tall by 4 sheets wide for a total of 16 sheets depending on if it wants to print it in portrait or landscape orientation. I'm sure you could tweak the settings to make it print however you want but this will get you a properly sized printout.

Hopefully this will help somebody out and maybe save you some time and/or money.

I really liked this template, thanks Tboyce for the template. I picked up some black leather at Tandy in Raleigh, NC on sale and made this bag for my wife. It turned out pretty nice. Thought I'd post a few pics of the finished bag.

post-54109-0-44763100-1425260505_thumb.j

post-54109-0-76026000-1425260605_thumb.j

I would just like to say thank you to Tboyce. As a guy just starting out and not sure if this is the thing or not it's great to have a couple of patterns, and ideas to take a shot at. I really appreciate it. You truly are a gentleman and a scholar.

I loved this pattern, so i decide to do a bad for my wife, she loved it,

Thanks alot

tboyce, your realy the master of pattern. here some fotos.

P4100644

P4100641

P4100640

P4100637

P4100636

P4100645

Haha, I scanread + thought you were posting a pattern for a body bag.

thanks

Nice ! Thanks

I just stumbled across this! Thanks for the pattern AND the inspiration for a beginner like me!

you'll inspired me to do some things

some things

shoulder bag

shoulder bag

Edited by flex59

On 18 November 2014 at 6:39 PM, tboyce said:

I was looking through my files and ran across a bag design I had worked on a while back. I anticipated making it out of 6-8oz veg tan.

It's a cross body bag with a gusseted front pocket and a flap that folds over the bag and the pocket at the same time

you'll have to work out your own strap length but that shouldn't be too hard.

CROSS BODY BAG.pdf

Tom,

I am new to this site and just came across this pattern of yours. I thought it would make an ideal first bag attempt for a bag. One thing; you state that you were considering making it out of 6-8oz veg tan. This seems to me like it would be hard to sew on the gussets; particularly the smaller one. I thought about using the 6-8oz for the front and back and 3-4oz for the gussets. Do you think this would be okay?