Aidanforsyth0

Lining A Wallet

I'm wondering how to line a wallet. Take a simple card wallet for example. How do I go about lining a wallet with fabric, and sewing it. Also can someone link me to some quality suppliers of fabric? Thank you in advance.

Aidan -----------------------

I just glue a bit larger piece of folded fabrick to the outer shell, usually I try to fold over the edges to give a hem of sorts maybe 1/2" for support.

I use Weldwood (red) contact cement. applied in as thin a coat as possible

Im told, some use a white school type glue, still others have their favorites. I even hear some use tacky glue from Wally world ?

I tried to use a Gorilla glue once, wayyyy too thick and too messy !

Once your glue sets, sew as you normally would. Hope this helps ---------- Wild Bill46

Aidan -----------------------

I just glue a bit larger piece of folded fabrick to the outer shell, usually I try to fold over the edges to give a hem of sorts maybe 1/2" for support.

I use Weldwood (red) contact cement. applied in as thin a coat as possible

Im told, some use a white school type glue, still others have their favorites. I even hear some use tacky glue from Wally world ?

I tried to use a Gorilla glue once, wayyyy too thick and too messy !

Once your glue sets, sew as you normally would. Hope this helps ---------- Wild Bill46

So you just fold the fabric over near the edge? Can you show me a picture of this

Here's a couple wallets I've done that show exactly what bill is talking about:

post-50407-0-39413000-1417448021_thumb.j

post-50407-0-73105800-1417448023_thumb.j

It doesn't because its folded over. There is no cut edge.

Aidan ------------------

Yeah, what my friend Joe said (hohoho) Seriously, He says it better than I, But he's precicely explaining what I was trying to.

another way to put it might be, to glue and fold the edges over in a hem to the size of your outter

then whenever your ready glue that and sew the whole thing as is. Hope this will help ?

Thanks for the assist Joe. ------------------ Wild Bill46

Your welcome!

The other way to accomplish this is to use a serger. It is a specific type of sewing machine that will prevent the edges of fabric from fraying. My sister in law is a seamstress. She introduced me to it.

Joe, would you show a picture of the front side of the wallet in the first picture? I like it.

Do you mean like this:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=60058&hl=

Sorry to link to another thread but I don't have the image on this computer. The front of that wallet is the last two images in the post. Oddly enough I meant to post the image of the inside of the wallet in the thread linked above but I must have clicked the same photo twice.

Duh!