Hi everyone, (sorry if you're seeing this for a second time!)

I'm having some trouble with my right-angle edge binder, which I'm using with my Juki DNU-1541.

I've been trying to sew 2oz binding leather onto 4 or 5 oz leather, and it periodically fails to catch the binding leather on the back side (it's wrapping more around the front than the back).

I was unable to put in the feed dog that came with the binder set- I can't get the original feed dog unscrewed.. I had assumed it wouldn't make a big difference because the feed dogs look very similar, but could this explain my problem? Or perhaps the mouth of the binder isn't wide enough? I am using the binder needle plate and a knurled binder foot set.

I'd love some tips on how to fix this!
Thanks! :)

On my machine, I can move the needle laterally in order to adjust where it will pierce the binding. I guess yours cannot do that?

Is the binding you're using the same width as the binder is for? If it's too narrow, it may go around the edge of your work unevenly.

Just a couple of thoughts...

On my machine, I can move the needle laterally in order to adjust where it will pierce the binding. I guess yours cannot do that?

Is the binding you're using the same width as the binder is for? If it's too narrow, it may go around the edge of your work unevenly.

Yeah, I don't see a way to move the needle on my machine.. I can reposition the binder so the needle stitches further from the edge, but it seems that I have to sew very far in for it to consistently catch the back side.

I am cutting the strips by hand, so it's possible I've made them a bit narrow or uneven.. I will try some wider samples!

Thanks for the input! :)