kop4

Can Anyone Identify This Machine For Me?

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone can offer me insight about this sewing machine I found for sale. I'm looking to buy my first machine to sew light-medium weight leather for chinks, spur straps, and other western gear, probably max 2 layers of 5 oz leather.

$_35.JPG

$_35.JPG$_35.JPG$_35.JPG$_35.JPG

The seller says it was previously used to make sails, and she bought it intending to make leather bags but never got around to it.

It sat in her studio unused for 5 years, and she likes to keep all her machines in good condition so she's even had the sewing machine guys look at it twice in those 5 years.

I've been looking for a while now, have read many posts in this great forum :) and this is the first machine come up that is even close to my budget. I want to jump on it but I'm wondering if there is something catastrophically dangerous about this machine. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated!

Looks remarkably similar to the Sailrite LS-1 to me. Not sure which machine the LS-1 is a clone of though.

Not going to work well for leather other than very thin garment type leather or very thin veg tan. Sailrite makes a leather foot for it without teeth on the bottom to reduce marking the leather.

Edited by 25b

Do a search for Alpha-Sew mini walker,Thompson mini walker,Sailrites are the same machine w/a different name & a much higher price tag do to their markup & promotion of it.They did develop a larger wheel for it that gives it alittle more power.They usually wion't handle thread larger than #92.