Tipus

forest lord mask

I was invited to a theme party - "the enchanted forest" - everybody talked about dressing up as goblins or fairies

so I decideid to be the forest lord :rolleyes2:

PICT0308.JPG

post-3508-1226168952_thumb.jpg

It looks very... er, lord-ly. Heheh! Seriously, it looks cool.

That tripped off the idea that you could probably also make a great Ent mask with wet molded leather. Just a thought...

Kate

It looks very... er, lord-ly. Heheh! Seriously, it looks cool.

That tripped off the idea that you could probably also make a great Ent mask with wet molded leather. Just a thought...

Kate

Hehe kate :) , But a good idea ...

(problem here is the leather is very thick, It takes ages to mold)

Looks really good.

How did you get that mottled effect? I like it

i really like your mask, the color is great.

Looks good. I could see that with a cape and armor on horseback.

Art

This mask is brutal and cool!!

It makes me think of those African tribe/horror masks (in lack of a better term).

Well done!

Tom

like MADMAX22 i'd like to know what method you used to mold your mask ? .. using wax or no ?

Thank you all, your comments warms me .

Madmax & smooth, I wet molded the shape ( according the pattern I made), let it dry, then painted it - first using a thin brush to draw lines in sort of a wood pattern, let that dry and going over the mask with the brown paint using a sponge, buffed it- and put super shene .

Roo - my painting is nothing compare to your work...

art- I wore a cape and armbands to complete the ouyfit

Tom- I spent 2 years in africa, so I guss a few of my designs are effected from that

T

Tom- I spent 2 years in africa, so I guss a few of my designs are effected from that

T

Ah that explains it!!

Hope you do more Africa type masks. They are cool!

Hmm maybe a good challenge for the monthly comp or maskmaker mania!!

Tom

I was invited to a theme party - "the enchanted forest" - everybody talked about dressing up as goblins or fairies

so I decideid to be the forest lord :rolleyes2:

Awsome Mask!, I cant wait to make one,

I actually want to get a bunch of leather makers together and have a Masqurade party..

see what kind of masks everyone makes to bring ;)

but jah, Great Job sir!

Awsome Mask!, I cant wait to make one,

I actually want to get a bunch of leather makers together and have a Masqurade party..

see what kind of masks everyone makes to bring ;)

but jah, Great Job sir!

thank you,

Masqurade party, Great idea, now we have to decide in what part of the world to hold it at :)

Edited by Tipus

everyone is welcome here for new years eve masquerade party.....its not really that far...lol....

The mask is nice and menacing. But, I've never made one, and I'm wondering how you mold them? Do you always use a master mold, or can these masks be free-handed? If you use molds, what are they made from? You use found objects as molds?

I'm sure that there's lots of info about this on this forum, but I'm at work...limited time...and I'm just looking for a quickie answer would satisfy my initial curiosity.

I mold my leather, as seen in my avatar, but I've never done such sculptural work.

Daggrim

Hey Spider,

Sorry, the link to photobucket didn't work. So, it sounds like you do a lot of hand work while it's drying over a basic shape? I've always been so impressed by the masks people make, but have been so busy with my own things, that there was no room left in my head to learn anything new. Now the season is slowing down, and I have more headroom.

Dag

Daggrim, i did a tutorial awhile back on mask making, but i cant find it here anymore. I posted the tutorial on an airbrush forum as well...here is the linkhttp://www.airbrushtech.info/AIRBRUSH/foru...read.php?t=8767If you cant see the photos, you may have to join the forum and login to see them.hope this helps.ok, i found it,http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...;hl=mask+making