Jim

Making Belts, The Easy Way

On April 10, 2015 at 0:25 PM, Halitech said:

Thanks for this Jim, wish I had had it when I made a belt for a guy. I fell into the same trap as Dwight. Guy said he wore a 36 pants so I made it for about a 38" waist and even with the extra holes, was still too short. Thankfully it was just a plain black belt with no name or customization but was still a pain to have to make a second belt for him.

Hey, my pants and belt stretch. My first 34" (based on waist measurement at the time) Carhart belt has lasted and been around nearly 20 years. The belt has stretched about 3", and I've dropped a few inches, so it's a little long nowadays...

Jim, thank you for taking the time to put this together and for sharing it.  I really appreciate you letting me, a nooby, in on your trade secrets.

Thanks for the information I am new leather worker and screwed up some leather

I am not even new to belt-making, and this still had some useful tips, so thank you kindly for sharing it. :) Re: the issue of expecting customers to provide proper sizing -- I haven't had a problem with it since I started saying in the listings, "Be accurate, not optimistic; there is a $[whatever] resizing fee if the item needs to be replaced."

Thank you, this helps a lot now that I find myself wanting to make more belts. Great work on the pdf. :rockon:

Thank you!!!

On 4/3/2017 at 12:31 PM, timneo said:

I fancied laser cutting these, so got these templates knocked up.  Hope they help others.

Belt Illustrator Files.rar

PDF (1).zip

I DL'd the PDF, but the adjustment holes are not center on the template . just letting you know . thanks