Josh Ashman

Carved/san Carlos Border Rig For Single Six

Impressive rig. I really like your border pattern. I need to get one of those squigly stamps.

Awesome work Josh!

Very impressive work! Any gunslinger would be proud to slap that leather!

Josh,

I recently got into Cowboy Action Shooting and wanted to make my own 2 gun rig.  I poured through Pinterest for months pinning images of western holsters that I liked. I finally settled on one as the base for my inspiration. 
Having just completed the rig this last weekend, I posted my own photo on Pinterest.  Not wanting to take credit for a design, that took most of the design elements from someone elses work, I decided to see if I could track down who created the holster so that I might give them credit. Well my search took me to this thread and you. I had no idea that we would both be members on this site.

I hope you consider the old adage "Intimation is the highest form of flattery" as a true one, and are not offended by my similar but not exact copy of your work.  I modified the shape of the holster itself to be more advantages to CAS. I also went with a riveted style loop as opposed to the Mexian loop. Here is my un-carved version you your Carved/San Carlos Rig.

I really loved the work that you did on the holster and belt, (and I think similar ones) that it is the one that I kept coming back to when looking at rigs. Your work is beautiful and I admire it greatly.

Best regards

Steve

Thanks Steve! I commented on your post in the "Show Off" thread. That's a great looking rig and kudos to you for seeing something you liked, modifying it to suit your needs and tastes and making a great looking rig!

All the best, Josh

Thank you Josh!

Very awesome.

Superb!