Tina

My first big Notebook cover

hi,

This one just came out of the work bench so to speak.

Both sides carved and tooled. Most of the pattern is dyed, I have used some acrylic paint and at the end I did use antiquing. 2 tone mexican/round braiding all around.

Edited by Tina

Gorgeous. Your carving always looks so elegant.

Gorgeous. Your carving always looks so elegant.

I always try to go over it more than once, even more than twice is some cases...I'm a wee bit of a neatfreak :blahblahblah:

another tina creation!!!! i love seeing your work and this piece is just beautiful....love the two color lacing...the carving is to die for....great colors..

can you tell i'm a big fan!!!!

Wow Tina....that's beautiful! Your patterns are darn hard to carve....I'm impressed! I like the way you crossed outside the border...adds a lot of interst. Also like the way you used the pebble backgrounder around the pattern and then let it fade. Color is great too. What is the inside like?

Please tell me about your lacing...is that an 8 platt braid? I'm asking because I have a couple of laced edge belts coming up and I want to use that braid (haven't laced anything in 20 years). Also...who makes the best kangaroo lace? I'm just not up to making it myself!

Beautiful, Tina! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I adore that 2 tone lacing. How did you do the spine for the notebook? Is the cover all in one piece?

Crystal

another tina creation!!!! i love seeing your work and this piece is just beautiful....love the two color lacing...the carving is to die for....great colors..

can you tell i'm a big fan!!!!

Thanks Roo, always Love your comments:-)

Wow Tina....that's beautiful! Your patterns are darn hard to carve....I'm impressed! I like the way you crossed outside the border...adds a lot of interst. Also like the way you used the pebble backgrounder around the pattern and then let it fade. Color is great too. What is the inside like?Please tell me about your lacing...is that an 8 platt braid? I'm asking because I have a couple of laced edge belts coming up and I want to use that braid (haven't laced anything in 20 years). Also...who makes the best kangaroo lace? I'm just not up to making it myself!
Thank Hidepunder:-)The inside is 2 pieces of a burgudy pattern (glossy_ leather and I even made some extra pockets. It's made so you can easily change the notepad when it's over and out (I guess like the bible covers?)The lacing is what I call mexican basket weave braiding. I made it 2 tone which I learned from "hides to art" newletter in september. Verry easy.Where to get the best roo lace...I have no idea, the lace I use for now is and old stock of calf lace I got my hands on from Ebay. It's thinner but way stronger than the one on the market today. I have actually dipped the natural one in some jeans blue dye to get that color and then used oil to get the "fat" back into the leather. I shall look around in my archive and see if I can find the tutorial for the brading.
Beautiful, Tina! :You_Rock_Emoticon: I adore that 2 tone lacing. How did you do the spine for the notebook? Is the cover all in one piece? Crystal
Thanks Crystal:-)It's just one piece with 2 "pockets" at each end...I always try to make things as easy as possible (at least in my head *S*)

Hey bigsis!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I'm a big fan too!! It looks excellent and sooo nice with the twotone mexican.

I'm curios about the decorative carving at the bottom of the back. Do we get to see it??

Seems like a very nice extra added touch.

This is decoration and personalisation at it's best!!

Get your butt over here so I can see this one personal and up close and also express my appreciation for your help and support!!

Tom

Very nice work, I like the viney style you have going on.

Question for ya. The Keith side of it looks like the leaves and stuff are all indented instead of raised which Im use to seeing, is that the case or am I just not seeing it correctly?

Thanks

Also...who makes the best kangaroo lace? I'm just not up to making it myself!

I would venture to say, David Morgan. He's written a couple of books on braiding and whipmaking, plus he cuts roo lace. you can google him, or look on the main page with the links. I think he has a website.

Tina,

Fantastic as usual. Your artistic ability never ceases to amaze!

Marlon

Wonderful work as always Tina!!!!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

William

Tina,

Wonderful as always, can you point me in the direction of a "how to" on the two-tone mexican round braid?

Thanks,

Dave

I'm curios about the decorative carving at the bottom of the back. Do we get to see it??Seems like a very nice extra added touch.Tom
Hi LillBro, Du e för go :-) The little stuff at the ridge/end of the book is just my signature, I'm experienting with it and it's not finished as a design yet...
Very nice work, I like the viney style you have going on. Question for ya. The Keith side of it looks like the leaves and stuff are all indented instead of raised which Im use to seeing, is that the case or am I just not seeing it correctly? Thanks
Hi,It's not indented so I guess just a "trick of the eye" on the picture.
I would venture to say, David Morgan. He's written a couple of books on braiding and whipmaking, plus he cuts roo lace. you can google him, or look on the main page with the links. I think he has a website.Tina,Fantastic as usual. Your artistic ability never ceases to amaze! Marlon
Great Thanks Marlon, I always value your comments:-)
Wonderful work as always Tina!!!!! :You_Rock_Emoticon: William
Thanks William, soooo nice of you:-)
Tina,Wonderful as always, can you point me in the direction of a "how to" on the two-tone mexican round braid?Thanks,Dave
Hi David, I did send you a mail:-) Edited by Tina

very nice work thanks for sharing.

Joshua

very nice work thanks for sharing.

Joshua

Your welcome and Thanks for your comment:-)

Hi Tina,

That looks really great!! The pattern reminds me a lot of something I have been working on ;) There is always so much to look at in your patterns. So many things that I like. Love the lettering and how it resembles the vines on the pattern. Love the double border on the name side and how it crosses over itself in the bottom corner. Love the subtle coloring. The open areas in the background are a neat effect. And the lacing is AWESOME! Another really great piece.

Hi Tina,

That looks really great!! The pattern reminds me a lot of something I have been working on ;) There is always so much to look at in your patterns. So many things that I like. Love the lettering and how it resembles the vines on the pattern. Love the double border on the name side and how it crosses over itself in the bottom corner. Love the subtle coloring. The open areas in the background are a neat effect. And the lacing is AWESOME! Another really great piece.

Great Thanks Clay.

This was a little bit of a try in a way, originally it was just 2 patterns that happend to end up on the same piece. if I had have a little more patience I would have drawn 2 more similar patterns (lines)...Just to much hurry to the carving/tooling part, by far my favourite part:-)

Tina

Great piece of work from the tooling(carving?) to the edge braid!!!!

Mike

Beautiful work, as always, ma'am! Thanks for posting it.Kate
Your more than welcome Kate and Super Thanks for your nice comment:-)
TinaGreat piece of work from the tooling(carving?) to the edge braid!!!! Mike
Thanks Mike, and yes...It is carved first, then tooled:-)

Tina, your carving just blows me away. Vey nice! The braid looks like the one I use alot. The book I got it from called it " The Triple Loop Spanish Edge". Looks great with that type lace. Leon

Yup, and now you have another thing you are good at.