teddycrafts

Where To Buy Croc/gator/caiman Hornback Straps?

Hi, where can i buy croc/gator/caiman hornback straps? I tried seatching, only found ostrich market. However, their alligator hornback strap looks like it has been burnt lol. Anywhere i can source it online or from members?

you will need paperwork for most exotic animals hides, I think even if you buy it from within the country (if you plan to resell you need the papers). There is one factory in singapore don't remember the name but remember it being referred to as one place hermes buys from or maybe owns(?). If all else fails try J meyers, a leather watch strap maker in Chinatown in one of the buildings (condominium with retail stores on the ground and second floor). address should be on his website. He doesnt sell the skins retail but may be able to point you in the right direction or sell a hide or two.

Good luck.

Jerry Van Amburg leather or the Ostrich Market (Florida)

And the chance of being able to get the Croc and other hides in small strips is most likely not an option. Most of those who carry these items sell the entire skin and are very clear about the fact that they do not cut.

If you were here in the U.S. I could give you a source right now but as it is, it would do you no good at this point.

Good luck with your search.

And the chance of being able to get the Croc and other hides in small strips is most likely not an option. Most of those who carry these items sell the entire skin and are very clear about the fact that they do not cut.

If you were here in the U.S. I could give you a source right now but as it is, it would do you no good at this point.

Good luck with your search.

HI, I was hopeful you could tell me the US source for hornback croc. I have someone that wants a cognac hornback belt and found alligator Jake's but I would like another referral, please. Thank you!

Not to highjack the thread (send the answer via pm if it's better) but can you guys elaborate on what "papers" are needed and by whom are they regulated? thanks.

Doug C

Collete, My sources for gator and croc are Roje leather http://www.rojeleather.com/ Mark Staton Company http://www.markstatonco.com/ and Johnny Fong in San Fransisco http://johnfongexoticleathers.com/ Both Johnny Fong and Mark Staton Company will cut pieces to your specifications. They charge a little more per foot but it is cheaper then buying the whole hide. Spring field leather often has croc back strap.

Edited by camano ridge