Made of 6 oz veg tan and 3 oz calf for the gusset and pocket. Dyed with vinegaroon and hand stuffed as usual.

100_4673_960_zps4703c699.jpg

100_4682_960_zps2be81a71.jpg

100_4685_960_zpsa76851d6.jpg

100_4684_960_zpsf852bab8.jpg

A couple pictures of the WIP

100_4553_960_zps1f5ad448.jpg

100_4657_960_zps5ea9bdab.jpg

100_4633_960_zps58741670.jpg

100_4640_960_zpse4e57f1b.jpg

Cheers

Juan

Very nice!

nice detail .

Excellent work

Chris

I can do some hard projects but cell phone cases, well its always been hard to please the customer. But yours would do the trick.

Nice work! Would you share your vinagaroon recipe with us?

I'm currently Imagining a case for my wifes new cell phone.

and Your design is a good idea for concideration. Thanx !

The 3oz calf billits look like it has been tooled or imbossed and creates a really nice contrast to the outside.

-------------------------- Wild Bill46

Nice work! Would you share your vinagaroon recipe with us?

Sure. Got it from this forum: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14946

Although I used new steel wool pads and didn't 'pre rust' them. Just put them in a plastic ice cream bucket with one quart of white vinegar and let it brew in a warm corner of my yard to speed up the process. The plastic lid wuould come off easily if gas pressure built up inside. Stirred it up a little everyday when I got back from work, and kept adding pads until they wouldn't dissolve just to make sure all the vinegar had reacted / been used up. Then strained it with a coffee filter and stored in a couple glass bottles. Oh, and do read Chuck Burrows post (#4 in that thread, that´s good info).

What I really can't comment on is the mix of tallow, lard, beeswax and extra virgin olive oil, because I've been adding to it trying to get the right consistence and actually lost track of the proportions. Unicorleather gives here a good basic recipe to start with: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=46931&p=387904

I'm currently Imagining a case for my wifes new cell phone.

and Your design is a good idea for concideration. Thanx !

The 3oz calf billits look like it has been tooled or imbossed and creates a really nice contrast to the outside.

-------------------------- Wild Bill46

You´re welcome, and thank you too. It's pretty much the construction of a three piece gusseted brifcase as per Valerie Michael's Leatherworking Handbook. That pebbled/grainy look on the calf is most probably because of me fiddling with them trying to bend them, form them, glue them, etc. :lol:

Just make sure it's not too snug and maybe put a hole in the bottom to push it up with her middle or ring finger when she wants to take it out.

Thank you all, guys. I'll try and update with some pictures with the phone in place when the owner gets it.

Cheers

Juan

Edited by krappstein

Thank you so much Juan. I'll be making a batch soon!