tankerman1967

Possable Press?

Hey yall,

I was thinking when I got home this morning I wanted to tool some leather. But my wife was sleeping and I did not want to wake her. I work odd hours ,all over the place being on 24 hour call. Sometimes I get home at 4 in the morning but am still up, or I wake up at midnight ready to get a phone call.

My problem is I want to tool but the loud bang bang of my mallet will wake my wife, and I do not want THAT. lol

so I was thinking of either buying or making a press that can accept tooling tools so I can do more projects.

I am gonna draw up something, but if yall know of something that is already out there please let me know.

So what do yall think??

If I make up something I will post it

HERE is an arbor press on ebay where the ram has been drilled and tapped to accept the stamping tools.

It should be possible for you to adapt your own arbor press in a similar fashion.

Something like that should be usable for borders, and other single press operations. And of course it would be

usable for 2d/3d stamps (like mine!). Cheers!

Edited by Studio-N

I think your going to have a issue trying that unless mainly doing 3D and letter stamps. Can't see trying to do a basket weave or beveling with a press, but where there's a will there's away I guess good luck

HERE is an arbor press on ebay where the ram has been drilled and tapped to accept the stamping tools.

It should be possible for you to adapt your own arbor press in a similar fashion.

Something like that should be usable for borders, and other single press operations. And of course it would be

usable for 2d/3d stamps (like mine!). Cheers!

I think that would work good. A little pricy for me.

agreed. it was just for you to see how they have modified the press. They are about $50 at harbor freight. You just have to drill it and tap it yourself.

Papaw is RIGHT about beveling since there is no way to walk the stamp, but something like a border where it is normally individual camo stampings

is possible. cheers!

I made one out of hardwood and an unused chopping block. A steel plate is drilled to the point at which the tool meets the arm. It's all about leverage.

Cheers,

Fred

post-21830-0-32219000-1421847639_thumb.j

Edited by Xenophon

I made one out of hardwood and an unused chopping block. A steel plate is drilled to the point at which the tool meets the arm. It's all about leverage.

Cheers,

Fred

Sweeeet!

Cheers,

Fred

That is cool and simple. I was drawing up an elaborate one..... I am gonna use yours instead. Like

That is a VERY clever idea, Xenophon!

Thanks for sharing

Bill

No worries, do show us some pictures pf your finished hand press soon! Happy crafting!!!

Edited by Xenophon

Cheers,

Fred

Ingenious and stealthy, Neat

I made an efficient stamping press from an old portable electric drill press stand that I bought on ebay for $5. Where the drill normally sits I rigged up an old brace chuck (adjustable for different size stamp handles). I then added an adjustable guide made of perspex for stamping straps etc.post-13610-0-00919000-1423630816_thumb.jpost-13610-0-65379700-1423630786_thumb.jpost-13610-0-93668600-1423630844_thumb.j

Cheers,

Fred

That is one very neat idea. Simple and practical