Kustom

Porter Style

I appreciate the response. You are the second to mention the Texas Ranger Museum. I live about 1 1/2 hours away and I think I will make a trip this coming weekend. I will let you all know what I come up with after the visit. I appreciate the information and the picture. I hope you don't mind that I printed out the picture and now is hung up in my makeshift shop for reference.I love this site! great information..... :You_Rock_Emoticon: Greetings from Round Rock, TexasSide note: I believe Troy West built the presidential saddle? I remember reading something about it. Anyways...just a tidbit.Oh I forgot, if you have those doodle pages and are willing to make copies for me, I will gladly pay for them.Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

enjoy the notebook pic... it isnt my work, and actually it isnt marked with a maker mark. i live in pflugerville, so if you want, you can come study it first hand sometime. i also have a bunch of pics from the ranger museum, but they are better in person, so its worth the trip. re the doodle pages, i can either make a copy or you might check with dennis at the tandy store in austin - he may can get you copies. I seem to recall that tandy frowns on their doodle pages being posted online or reproduced on a large scale but i think a single photocopy for personal use would be fine.

yes, the presidential saddle was made by troy west - truly a work of art.

Yea, I checked Dennis' collection and didn't find anything like that, but I would mind a copy. He has allowed me to make personal use copies of items before. Since I don't run a business or charge, he gets it back from in sales. Plus, I started teaching the Basic carving class there with Jim. We usually get together for the our Saturday morning O.F.C. Coffee Club every week if you want to drop by. I am usually available on Sundays if you have some free time.

I appreciate the response.

Yea, I checked Dennis' collection and didn't find anything like that, but I would mind a copy. He has allowed me to make personal use copies of items before. Since I don't run a business or charge, he gets it back from in sales. Plus, I started teaching the Basic carving class there with Jim. We usually get together for the our Saturday morning O.F.C. Coffee Club every week if you want to drop by. I am usually available on Sundays if you have some free time.

I appreciate the response.

tried to send you a pm, but it doesnt show in my sent box... i am not too technology literate, so i apparently messed it up. anyway, i will just bring these to tandy one of these saturdays - not this coming one though. I used to teach some classes there also, so look forward to meeting.

robert

Another thing that might help some is there are some Doodle Pages that feature Arizona (Porter), California, and Texas style carving. I have been lucky enough to have found 2 of the Arizona style Pages (done by Ken Griffin) and am looking for the rest of them.

Mike