Darren Brosowski

441 Accessories In Australia

I stock the full range of 441 accessories in my Goulburn store. Call me on 0415 353 748 or email at darren@ablesewing.com.au

Some of the range is listed on ebay but I can do better prices direct;

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Able-Sewing/GA441-Parts-/_i.html?_fsub=6840659015&_sid=47422815&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Thanks Darren, I need a couple bits, I'll catch up with you soon. regards Steve

Hi Steve,

Next project is a steel plate flat be rather than the wobbly MDF thing on offer now.

Just made a flat bed table for the Keestar 441 range Darren and I are agents and distributers for here in Australia. We took on Keestar as we wanted a reliable machine to sell alongside our Pearson no 6. The 441 and Pearson would hold 90% of the Aussie saddler and harness maker market. We used a flat table top that Doug Richters used to produce with a friend, it originally appeared to be thick mdf with a veneer on top with moulded plastic sides and had an steel frame underneath that secured to the 441 wooden table. Doug's table top was an excellent fit so we used it as a template and made our table of 2 layers of 5 ply, 1 layer of a heavy 3 ply and 1 layer of a normal 3 ply, the result is a pretty strong top, no metal frame is necessary, has two heavy wooden spacers that go at the machine end and when in use 2 long bolts go thru and into the table. Because of the design of the table, it easily slides on, sits in place without tipping so you can insert the bolts and it is cut away underneath to allow easy access to the bobbin.

The table is very sturdy when in place, no way would I sit on it, but its more than strong enough for saddlery and heavy canvas work. Because our skills set is more in line with metal work, the table is built for strength rather than fineness of finish, metal screw holding the layers together are flush and varnished over. Maybe later on we'll get to the beauty stage. Also because of the variation in 441 tables the purchaser will need to drill his own holes to avoid hitting metal frame members under the machine table.

One table has already gone and hopefully the new owner will be pleased with it. regards Steve

post-19343-0-95753700-1425112604_thumb.j

post-19343-0-89189200-1425112660_thumb.j

post-19343-0-75507600-1425113074_thumb.j

Fine looking table mate