Averya

Laser Machines?

For those who have laser machines, could you please give me some advice on the model and manufacturer you would recommend. I am interested in possibly purchasing one, but know nothing about them. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you, Avery

Check out the engravers forum at http://www.sawmillcreek.org where the subject is constantly disgussed.

Basically, the two best known american brands are Universal Laser Systems and Epilog. These two are also the most expensive of the lot. But they have the best support. Everything else discussed is basically a Chinese model.

ULS is what I have and for a 14 year old workhorse it is still going strong. ULS doesn't get a lot of press because they seem to

mostly cater to industry (thier mistake because they have great products). Epilog has learned to cater to the hobbyist as well as business. A look at eaches websites will show you what I mean.

All I will say is that when you read the discussions about problems and breakage - ULS does not come up very often.

When I buy my 2nd machine it will be a ULS. Cheers!

Edited by Studio-N

Thank you Studio-N. This is great information and I appreciate it. I will definitely check out the forum. Avery