This is the second project that I have ever done. I think the hand stitching is a bit better than the first project I started. Still had a little trouble going around the corners. Not sure if I would start from scratch with veg tan leather again, but I like the feel of it. I enjoy stitches, to me they are art when they are done right, so I like them to show really well, which is why I chose the heavy white thread on a dark background. I think most would prefer a black thread here, let me know. The color is one I came up with myself, let me know if you like it. Constructive criticism is always welcome, as I am trying to do this art well!

YinTx

post-57438-0-23956700-1421556453_thumb.j post-57438-0-93153200-1421556464_thumb.j post-57438-0-36840700-1421556477_thumb.j post-57438-0-69247900-1421556487_thumb.j

Nice job. Stitching looks great.

I'm thinking you have a firm understanding of the term "ART".

I think your color of choice works very well with heavy White thread, Indeed !

Your stitching out to edge might be a point of wear, if used very often !

Instead, back stitch a few holes to lock , this will correct your problem, and you'll be fine.

Your edge slicking is very good for a second attempt.

Stay at it, your ready to move ahead ! -- Wild Bill46

Very nice! I really like them.

Nice stitching for sure. I may suggest gluing the pieces together first so when you burnish the edges you won't have the separation I see.

Wild Bill: Great observation. I did backstitch on the end, but not the start. I will do so in the future to avoid the potential point of failure.

Andy: You are right, I did not glue the pieces together, so resulting in the "crack" on the edges. I will do so in the future.

Thank you all for the positive comments and suggestions! They will help me continue to improve my work - maybe I'll become an artist yet!

YinTx

I am planning to do a slip case for my iPhone 5c with lifeproof case, hoping to start soon, I am considering a snap cover on it. Looks great.