LLWork

My Best-Selling Product To Date, Dr. Doom/iron Man Half Mask.

I hope you guys aren't growing tired of my posts. I'm just excited to be able to talk leather stuff with people who are in to that kind of thing!

I got a custom request from this gentleman for a "Dr. Doom/Iron Man combo" mask, and then got to work on this thing. Lucky for me he has a MASSIVE Instagram fan base, so I've been getting rid of a fair amount of these things with his promoting.

y6M7W3S.jpg

ORBtPc8.png

mM6ANjw.png

Very nice mask! Nice photos too. Never seen anything like this so I can see why it's popular.

How does it stay on? It looks cool and I would love to see how its made. Maybe some more photos?

Very nice mask! Nice photos too. Never seen anything like this so I can see why it's popular.

Thank you! Haha, I can't take credit for these photos, the guy who bought the first one took these shots because he liked it so much, and I'm not complaining! He's got the eye for it that I don't!

How does it stay on? It looks cool and I would love to see how its made. Maybe some more photos?

One elastic webbing strap with velcro ends wraps around the back of the head and connects where the spine meets the skull. One polyester strap with velcro ends connects at the crown to prevent the mask from slipping down.

I looked through my photos and it would seem I didn't take any progress shots, which is unlike me. I've only got pictures starting at the undyed, dry fit stage. I'm about to start work on five more of them though, I'll try and get some build shots.

Cool!

Kind of makes me think of mempo's (samurai face masks).

Would definitely love to see progress pictures!

Ha, that's awesome!

very cool! I love it!

Chris

very cool! I love it!

Chris

Ha, that's awesome!

Thanks you two!

Cool!

Kind of makes me think of mempo's (samurai face masks).

Would definitely love to see progress pictures!

I've actually looked into making a style like that. They're pretty complicated though.

Thanks for not mentioning Hannibal Lector, though. I've made... probably 50 masks so far of varying styles, and it seems at least one person has mentioned Hannibal Lector for every single one of them, haha.

I wish I had one of these when I rode a chopper a couple of years ago. Great idea!

Do you have a website?

Thanks!

I'm currently in between websites. I was using Etsy, which isn't really an ideal website for the motorcycle crowd. The guy who contacted me with the idea for this mask(the one on the motorcycle in my pictures) is going to be selling this particular mask on his website starting some time this month, though. I can't wait, he has 201,000+ followers on Instagram!

Edited by LLWork

That is really cool

As requested, some progress shots of the mask production.

Shaped and setting.

MVXFC1D.jpg

All stained, in the process of cutting up.

kkEA390.jpg

Assembling/riveting face.

wGhkAbe.jpg

Assembling cheeks.

XtIsonF.jpg

Straps sewn in place, foam lining attached.

qJ4hnum.jpg

Sealed and complete! Takes about a week for me to get through all the steps with appropriate set times.

u37wRGn.jpg

And a couple bonus pictures of a really interesting looking dye job. I have a big piece of leather that seems to keep doing this, and I'm not even mad about it. Each brown mask comes out really unique, but unfortunately makes a terrible looking black mask.

WMbB1Dw.jpg

1i69sdf.jpg

Edited by LLWork

I've been looking to get my habds in one of these for a long time. Where can I buy one and what's the price tag?

I've been looking to get my habds in one of these for a long time. Where can I buy one and what's the price tag?

Hi there, I have been trying to find you for months now!!

I really need to know when and how you could make me the happiest motocycler in the world...... 

Please contact me: danseg19@gmail.com 

I need a mask to fit my new bobber:

DSC_0164~2.JPG

On 24/1/2015 at 4:49 PM, LLWork said:

I hope you guys aren't growing tired of my posts. I'm just excited to be able to talk leather stuff with people who are in to that kind of thing!

I got a custom request from this gentleman for a "Dr. Doom/Iron Man combo" mask, and then got to work on this thing. Lucky for me he has a MASSIVE Instagram fan base, so I've been getting rid of a fair amount of these things with his promoting.

y6M7W3S.jpg

ORBtPc8.png

mM6ANjw.png

Hi, i want 2 of this mask, one black, one on the same color of the picture. I looking for you all the web!!!