Ccastle27

Hardtke Moving To Dallas

Tried to take a look and their website is down - called and spoke with a gentleman who indicated that they would be relocating to Dallas from El Paso - no clear indication how much their operation would change post-move.

He did indicate they had some deals on right now - I've always liked them as a supplier - hope they keep up the quality.

-C

I have not heard of Hardtke, are they like Tandy?

I emailed them a while back but didn't hear from them. Good to know they are still in business and Dallas is much closer for me than El Paso. Always wondered why they were way out there.

Way nicer stuff than Tandy. They don't carry any tools as far as I know. Just nice leather. I bought some Spanish calfskin. It's gorgeous.

http://hardtkeleather.com - coming soon.

Edited by thefanninator

I've only used them for Kangaroo - they import Packer roo hides - excellent quality and great service every time I've worked with them. Hope Dallas is a good thing for their business.

Tried to take a look and their website is down - called and spoke with a gentleman who indicated that they would be relocating to Dallas from El Paso - no clear indication how much their operation would change post-move.

He did indicate they had some deals on right now - I've always liked them as a supplier - hope they keep up the quality.

-C

Ccastle27,

Hear anything else? Have you contacted them since?

Wondering when the website will be back up...

Edited by thefanninator

I'm looking forward to Hardkte coming to Dallas too.. hopefully it'll be an actual store to visit and see the leathers in person. I've been considering getting some of his calf skins for a long time now and just never have.

Doug C

I buy kangaroo from them for whipmaking. Always good personal service and friendly. I used to buy from Packer directly but there is less hassle and the price isn't that much different with Hardtke. There was some confusion when they moved to Dallas but they seem to have everything ironed out.

I'm posting here so that I can find this Thread again when I need it later. I've been wanting to braid a whip since over a year ago, previous to being hit by a car. And I'd already watched some great videos featuring Australian whip makers using roo. I'm in a wheelchair but hope I'll still be able to at least braid those short whips. (I knew the names of what I'm trying to describe, but the surgeries and pain killers have caused me to loose just a smidgin of things I learned just before the accident.)

Edited by TexasLady