I was trying to figure out how to sew a zipper onto a handgun case. When comparing it to another I already have I noticed that the case is just one long zipper wrapped around the whole case. It is not a zipper sewn to each side. If that makes any sense. Anyone have any good tutorials on sewing zippers onto things?

When I make them, . . . 1st thing, . . . ALWAYS contact cement the zipper to the leather.

You will be more than unhappy if you don't, . . . or at least I was.

2nd, . . . because I have a Tippmann Boss that I use for such things, . . . I have to do it in a certain way.

Looking at the gunbag, . . . zipper open in a big "V", . . . zipper tongue at the bottom of the "V", . . . I start sewing up in the right hand corner of the "V", . . . come down that leg, . . . sew over to the other side, . . . and go back up the left side.

I do that so my spacing from the edge of the leather to the stitches remains constant, . . . and for me it reduces the option for the leg to "pucker".

AND, . . . I don't use the zippers you described. I go buy an actual brass zipper the appropriate length for the bag.

Good luck, may God bless,

Dwight