SirNanigans

What's A Good Flask For A Custom Leather Wrap?

I am in the market for a flask, and I plan to make a custom leather wrap as well. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get any results from a search asking for "high quality, plain flasks". When researching flasks of good quality, everything I get is either engraved or otherwise decorated, or already has a leather wrap on it. Wasted money, me thinks.

So, I am here asking anyone with experience making custom flask wraps if they know of a brand or model of high quality to use as a blank. Obviously it would be nice to have the lip on the top and bottom to make the wrap more seemless, but the most important thing is, of course, that it's robust and reliable. I don't plan to buy more than one flask, and I don't want to end up with something that's dented or cross-threaded right away because it's cheap. For this reason, I figured I would ask before I buy.

Thanks a bunch for reading, and another bunch for responding!

EDIT
As I continue to search, I have discovered 'Top Shelf Flasks'. Of course the marketing says good things about them and even includes some real facts like 5mm thick 304 stainless construction. However, user reviews for flasks are scarce and everywhere I go, these flasks are priced between $1 and $5, even though the "suggested retail price" is $20. That pricing makes me feel like it's over-marketed junk... information is so scarce on this topic it's killin' me.

Edited by SirNanigans

I've been using the premium ones from flasks.com. They don't sell them as Top Shelf, but they're branded Top Shelf Flasks on the bottom. There's probably some place to get the same thing cheaper, but I haven't found another seller that seems to consistently deal in them.

Pros:

-0.5mm 304 stainless...The extra weight of the thicker walls really does make a noticeable difference.

-Nicer finish than average flasks

-They just generally feel and look better than the normal novelty crap

Cons:

-Cost...The ones I'm using weren't cheap even when buying a 25 pack

-The little arm that holds the cap is the same crappy plastic piece used on cheaper models. It's not necessarily bad, but it is a bit disappointing.